Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

summer camp tour

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Asia Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
taobenli

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: summer camp tour Reply with quote

Hello-

I am currently working as an ESL teacher's assistant in a U.S. public school, and my job will end in mid-June. I will be starting grad school in Asian Studies most probably in September, but possibly in late August. I graduated from a liberal arts college with a degree in East Asian Languages and Cultures in 2002, and have proficiency in Mandarin, and intermediate ability in Japanese, basic ability in Korean. I taught English on the JET Program in rural Japan last year, and studied abroad in Beijing for 6 months in 2000. I am really interested in putting together an ESL summer camp "tour" this summer, as a way of seeing new places, reviving rusty language skills before grad studies, and making some money (I do like teaching ESL and EFL and think myself a pretty good teacher). I am not TEFL certified but have experience in the field and have taken some coursework.

I would love to spend a month in China (in a city that's not Beijing), a month in Korea (or 2 weeks in Korea, 2 weeks in Taiwan, or something along those lines). I am having no trouble finding China summer camps advertised, but am having a harder time digging up summer camps of any kind in Korea, and summer camps in Taiwan that pay hardly anything. I don't need to make a mint, but being able to save some money and getting the flight over reimbursed are fairly important to me.

Can anyone recommend summer camps in China, Taiwan and Korea? I would also love to hear personal experiences and hear from anyone who has done a similar thing (teaching in a few countries for the summer).

I would also be interested in teaching in lucrative Korea or Taiwan to support a few weeks of teaching somewhere that can't pay as well- like in Southeast Asia.

I really appreciate your help! If you don't want to post here, you can PM me....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Asia Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: