Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teaching in Trujillo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NickImpy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See everyone in Peru, I'll be there Tuesday. I'm going almost immediatly to Trujillo. Ill be there by lunchtime. I hope I'll be able to say hi to everybody. See you all soon.
Daddyo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..what are the people like there? the students?
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try contacting keepwalking or luna chica, they're there now.
jasmineperu

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Universidad Privada Antenor Orrego Reply with quote

I'm currently in Spain and am going to Trujillo in January. I've got an interview with Universidad Privada Antenor Orrego.

Does anyone have any experience with or knowledge of this school?

Also, are there any good websites to look for apartments in Trujillo?

Finally, is the economic chaos in Europe and the USA impacting Peru and the teaching possibilities there?
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the economy isn't affecting teaching. Make sure the uni gets you a visa. Good sites are expatperu.com and livinginperu.com But the best is getting the local paper and finding one once you're there.
natalllya

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:53 am    Post subject: ICPNA? Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I am intersted in teaching English in Peru. I have my TEFL and 3 years experience teaching beginner, intermediate and advanced English Classes to mostly Asian and Latin nationals. I have a business diploma and I am 2 courses shy of earning my Bachelors Degree in Business. I heard that ICPNA is pretty big in Peru, does anyone have any information regarding this institute?

Thank you,
Natalia
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ICPNA is big, but you'll need a visa to teach with them. Look at the PM that I sent you
natalllya

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the valuable information Smile

Natalllya
green87

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: moving to Trujillo Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I will be moving to Trujillo in either February or March of next year. I would like to work at either Fleming or El Cultural, but I am open to any stable English teaching job that will cover my living expenses. I am planning on sending my resume to a few places today, but I know that I will probably have to visit in person to get a reply.

I will travel to Guayaquil, Ecuador late next month to visit a friend and will remain there until we move to Trujillo together. I am planning on traveling to Trujillo 1-2 times between December and February to secure a job and find housing. My friend is a Peruvian medical student and will be transferring to the Universidad de C�sar Vallejo. I plan on living with him in Trujillo for the next 3-5 years, so I am hoping to find a stable job.

Is anybody still in Trujillo or also moving there soon? If so, any information would be helpful! My friend has contacts in Trujillo, but it would be helpful to hear from another foreigner, and I would like to meet other people in the English speaking community! Very Happy
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don�'t know anyone in trujillo now. I suggest you PM lunachica, she was there for two years. As for Fleming, you'll need a teacher's cert to teach there.
To meet English speakers, try hanging out an ICPNA or El Cultural. Or Spanish langauge institutes.
green87

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for getting back to me, naturegirl. I emailed my resume to Fleming over a week ago but still haven't received a reply. I am hoping that my degree and experience is enough for them to consider me, but I know I have many other options if they don't. I would like to apply at El Cultural, but I'm not sure how to send them my resume. On their website I see an email address for informes but no information about working there. My next option would be to contact the various universities to find out if they are in need of English teachers.

Is it likely that any of these schools will reply to my via email? Or do I have to wait until I am there in person to get any response?
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think EL Cultural has a general email. Email that. There will be no email for workign there as most people go in person, or head for Lima. YOu'll find that Peru is FAR from organised.

Honestly, pay isn't that much.

El Cultural replied to my email, but that was about 4 years ago.

Email now, you have nothing to lose, then go in person once you arrive.
agarbers

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am interested in teaching at a university in Peru and this seems to be university city. What qualifications are needed to teach university classes?
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

depends. I taught at one with just a BA, that they had never seen and took my word for it. They got me a visa as well. But that was Piura.

In Lima, I had to get my degree legalised and they don't get visas. I had to get my own.
agarbers

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping to teach with just a BA and some Asian university experience but it sounds like there are no guarantees. Any general guidance for someone looking to get into the university scene?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Peru All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: