Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Madrid Money Matters

View previous topic :: View next topic  
coop_cahoot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:50 am    Post subject: Madrid Money Matters Reply with quote

Hi All!
New to the cafe and 1st post here! Yeay!

I'm in my 2nd week of planning to take a crash course life-changing excursion to MADRID. From what I have read, I have narrowed it down to the International House in Madrid and leaning toward the Celta, in Aug' 04.

I don't have big plans to stay for very long, however if i'm lucky and things just start rolling ahead, I might. So I guess I may just leave it 'open' - that being said, I may have to opt for quitting my cushy fulltime job (in marketing/advertising) and spend almost all my savings to venture into the new field of 'education', and having to comeback and start afresh in ... the unknown.

Hope to hear from anyone in regards to the following, for a relatively tight budget 5 week vacation/study adventure:
1. Return Flight - 450 Euros
2. Fees - (+/-)1300 Euros/ 4 week course
3. Room - 400 Euros 5 weeks
4. F & B - 500 Euros - 5 weeks
5. Transport & misc (internet/stationery) - 150 Euros per month

Total 5 week cost: 2800 Euros!! (faints- but the smell of coffee awakens me)
How does that sound?

cheers!
grahamb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:43 pm    Post subject: Living in Madrid. Reply with quote

Reduce your travel costs by getting a monthly public transport season ticket (Abono Transportes) from any tobacconist. You'll need some passport-size photos.
A reasonable menu del dia (set lunch) will set you back around 8 Euros.
Where does "drinking money" fall within your budget?
gsbcn08080

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:51 am    Post subject: Menus for 5 euros Reply with quote

Not sure about Madrid but in Barcelona you can have an excellent menu in any University ( they are open to anyone that wants to eat there) for 5 euros, very good, plenty of food and also wine if you like. I eat there everyday. Law has the best menu in my opinion in BCN.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Spain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: