Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lack of privacy in housing?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Singapore
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whattodo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Lack of privacy in housing? Reply with quote

So I have been doing some research on the different types of housing in Singapore. It seems that one common aspect is the difficulty to find single rooms/studios with a private "kitchen" and bathroom. Nearly all the places I have seen are condos or other public housing which share one kind of room, whether it be a bathroom, living room, kitchen, etc. While I see this as perfectly fine if you want to live with your friends or family, what about the individual seeking privacy and independence (or otherwise the hermit)? Are there any options for that kind?
Krakatoa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Lack of privacy in housing. Reply with quote

To answer your question very succintly:

nil, zilch, buckleys and no hope!

You don't have much of an option with housing if you want privacy. An apartment costing around S$2000 per month.
wailing_imam

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a brand new HDB flat (completed six months ago), two bedrooms, 23rd floor, amazing views, flat screen TV and new kitchen SGD1450 per month.

It took 25 viewings to find a decent place though - there is a lot of overpriced grot out there Perservere and you will be rewarded.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Singapore All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: