Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Times School, Xiamen - Advice?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maxine

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 12:36 pm    Post subject: Times School, Xiamen - Advice? Reply with quote

Hi,

I wondered if anyone has any advice about Times School in Xiamen?

Thanks
Roger

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
my answer will not be totally stisfying to you because I am on holiday and out of reach of my papersat the moment...
A few months back, I made a trip from Guangdong to Fujian province, and soon found myself in the company of a Chinese back from a lengthy sojourn in Canada, who said he was running a branch of a chain school whose name ight or might not have been Time School. Anyway, he was from Xiamen.
My personal impression was mixed: I felt he was not exactly on top of such a business and its challenges (but nor are too many other operators in this chountry). The upside was that he was a rather congenial chap. If you want to know more, give me a message and, once at home (middle of February), I will check his name card to see if he is the operator of the Xiamen branch of Time schools.
I would not mind accepting a job from him because Xiamen is a city I can recommend (unlike most other towns in China, especially in Fujian!).
fang

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 2:04 am    Post subject: taught there Reply with quote

They have very good resources and the boss used to pour a lot of money back into resourcing the place. In terms of the resources it was like some of the paces I taught at in Australia. The teaching environment and location is excellent. Well organised. The only concern I would have would be the living arrangements - ask if it's still shared housing. Another posting says he met a guy who came back from Canada who may or may not have been connected to the place. In fact the boss was/is from the states and she married a local Chinese guy. The Chinese side of the 'partnership' was really switched on to what was going on etc., so I doubt if this was the person the other poster met. In short, you can do MUCH worse!
Roger

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...so I did not meet the operator of TIME school, but both respondents agree that Xiamen is a good place, and fang even recommends that school you have been asking about - so DO GO FOR IT!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: