Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LSE Kiev

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jenngalla

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 4:45 pm    Post subject: LSE Kiev Reply with quote

Hi,
I've just applied for a job at LSE Kiev and I was wondering if there's anyone out there who has worked at/knows the place and what it's like. Also, how expensive is Kiev at the moment? LSE offer flights and accommodation (incl. bills) but I'm unsure how much extra money I would need to live off.
charlesinukraine

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LSE is probably the best english school to work for in Ukraine. It is highly credible and legitimate. They will only hire the best teachers and then give them all the proper papers to insure you are legally employed in Ukraine. Some schools like American English Center will distort the truth in order to get young adults to come to Ukraine and work illegally.

If you can get the job take it. Kyiv can be expensive. LSE pays one of the highest salaries for english teachers in Ukraine. Also, consider exchange rates and the potential they could get lower. The IMF is putting additional pressure on Ukraine and this could weaken the uah.
Cardinal Synn

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a good school to work for. I know the staff well, and yes they are one of the best schools, though not the best - their sister school the Business Academy pays a lot more and gives better benefits, but only hires well qualified, highly experienced teachers.
However, if you're new to teaching, LSE is a very good bet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Ukraine All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: