Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Summer Work in Russia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eazos

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:10 pm    Post subject: Summer Work in Russia Reply with quote

Hi,

What are the chances of heading to Moscow for around 2-3 months and teaching English?

I've a TEFL, an MA and 2 months teaching experience. I'm thinking about heading over around the end of June and staying til the end of September. I speak little Russian but have a friend there who can sort me out with accommodation and the initial bits and pieces of settling in. In terms of money, I'ld probably like to break even out of the whole thing.

If Moscow isn't do-able, can anyone think of anywhere else (in the world!) where it is!!

Thanks
Eoghan
zaneth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: doubtful Reply with quote

People here seem to take Education very seriously. But they also take their summers seriously, from what I've seen. A lot of people head out of the city for summer, or go south, etc. Or at least take things a little easy. Teachers here have a hard time in the summer, I think. And they have contacts, etc. so they're more likely to get the jobs that are still around in summer. Seems like the summer classes go to tried and true best teachers. Summer's tight, money-wise.
marcamonos

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: How about summer work outside Moscow? Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

I am a CELTA-certified EFL teacher with 3 years experience looking for summer work ANYWHERE in Russia. Do you know of any links or sites I can visit to find work. Dreaming of Lake Baikal....
Communist Smurf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.languagelink.ru/e/jobs/summer_camps.php

It sure would be nice if we still had a links page.
marcamonos

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Communist Smurf! I checked out the site and applied.

May I ask, how long have you been in Moscow? I'm thinking of teaching there in the coming year at IH. Your comments would be appreciated!
Communist Smurf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I moved here in December. I don't know anything about IH or much about any other school but I'm considering taking the teacher training at IH this summer. If you decide to work for them, perhaps you could drop me a line and tell me what you think of them.
Phillip Donnelly

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many of the CELTA trainess do subsequently work for IH Moscow. However, it is by no means an essential requirement. Nevertheless, we do insist on a CELTA or a recognised equivilent qualification. They hire all year round but September/October is when demand for teachers is at its highest.
As DoS for IH Moscow, I would, of course, recommend working here! Re what it's like to live here, I refer you to my recent entry in the Job Information Journal (Living and Working in Moscow). Alternatively, you could look at some of the entries from our present and past teachers on the BKC-IH website www.bkc.ru/eng/about_rus/index.html.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: