Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Advice for Jobs in Budapest or Athens

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Europe Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KostaKoro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 10:18 am    Post subject: Advice for Jobs in Budapest or Athens Reply with quote

can anyone give me a leads or other advice on jobs in budapest or athens? I have a TEFL certificate and a few years experince and am seeking employment in either city.
Thanks
scot47

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your questyon ys a byt lyke -

Tell me about Alaska and Mexıco !

DYFFERENT

Sorry about the

y

but I am ın Istanbul and the keyboard ıs WEIRD
Albulbul

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 4:34 am    Post subject: Tell me about Guatemala and Brooklyn Reply with quote

As scot47 pointed out through his rather warped keyboard : if you ask a dumb question you will get a dumb answer.

To quote Wittgenstein :"Wovon man nicht reden kann, darueber soll man schweigen."
fat_chris

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looked straightforward to me. How is that a dumb question?
scot47

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Becauaue they are very different. It is like comparing a banana with an elephant. There is no commonality.
soylentgreen23

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would argue that KostaKoro's wasn't a silly question (I've seen sillier); if anyone knows anything about Budapest, I'd like to hear it too since I'm at least considering taking my CELTA there.

As for Athens, well, we have the Greece forum for that.
ibasiram

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm,
so much for a helpful forum.. and all that constructive help....
Anyway, I've heard good things about International House Budapest as a training centre, for the CELTA and even the dreaded DELTA!
With regards work in Budapest, you could try going into google, and typing in the word 'Nyelviskola' (Foreign language schools in Hungarian). I did that once and got a lot of names, web pages, etc.. maybe it's worth a try.
I don't know anythnig about Athens, except that it's in Greece, really hot, and holds the olympics this year.....ok, ok, I know, constructive feedback... Wink
scot47

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am thinking of going to the North Pole or to Sydney. Can you give me some advice ? Which is nicer ?
scot47

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am thinking of going to the North Pole or to Sydney. Can you give me some advice ? Which is nicer ?
ibasiram

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the North Pole is a bit cold, but EF has a very well run school there, while in Sydney, the opera house is opening up a language school in an extended part of the building, but the boss hasn't got a good reputation.. I'd go for the North Pole if I were you.... Exclamation
travelbug

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've often seen vacancies for International House in Budapest on the website -check out ihworld.com, if there's nothing there you can always get the school details and contact them.

For the record, I don't think that this is a silly question. There is no request for a comparison between the two cities, so the fact that there's no commonality really doesn't matter, does it? If you know something about Budapest, answer. If you know something about Athens, answer. There's really no need for snide comments. I thought this was supposed to be a helpful forum. Although I'm sure someone will have something to say to set me straight. Confused
ibasiram

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I thought this was supposed to be a helpful forum

Yes, I agree..it doesn't matter that they are in 2 different countries or whatever..but if you look over past posts on this tread..then you will see the people who come here for snide comments..
Ibasiram
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Europe Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: