Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best way for Cambodian Visa?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Cambodia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
breezen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Best way for Cambodian Visa? Reply with quote

I am in the US now, working.

I have a few years of experience teaching EFL in south east asia with degree, terfl cert, and criminal check (if needed).

I want to teach in Phnom Penh.

Should I get a 30 days visa here in the US with the Cambodian embassy for $74.00

or, can I get a visa on arrival?

I am hoping to get a business visa or work visa as soon as possible after finding a job.

Thanks for any info.
khmerhit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

better to get a business visa when you arrive at the airport, or in bangkok--it is 6months I think. try asking on khmer440 website to be sure

C A M B O DI A

try it and see
breezen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khmerhit wrote:
better to get a business visa when you arrive at the airport, or in bangkok--it is 6months I think. try asking on khmer440 website to be sure

Thanks KH.

I'll check out khmer site now, but to clarify,

One can only get a business visa for Cambodia if they have a job letter alrady correct?

That's the impression I got from the cambodian embassy website.

Here: http://cambodia.visahq.com/
MrMrLuckyKhan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: Best way for Cambodian Visa? Reply with quote

breezen wrote:
I am in the US now, working.

Should I get a 30 days visa here in the US with the Cambodian embassy for $74.00

or, can I get a visa on arrival?

Thanks for any info.

NO. Definitely don't pay $74 in the US to the Cambodian Embassy. They would probably give u the wrong visa anyways, lol. Besides, I assume that's for the TOURIST VISA, which means you would have to do a 'visa run' after 60 days once u arrived in Cambodia.

Definitely get the BUSINESS VISA ON ARRIVAL in Cambodia. The price is $25USD and it is good for 30 days. You don't need any special papers or anything, just ASK for the business visa when u arrive. There is a chance you will be asked for a few extra dollars for the visa, but Cambodia just calls that 'tea money.' Once u are in Cambodia you can pay about $280 (PM me for more specific details of the best place to get it) for an new business visa for an additional year that is multiple entry.

The visa is yours. You don't need help from a school to get one. It's that easy.
breezen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Best way for Cambodian Visa? Reply with quote

MrMrLuckyKhan wrote:
Definitely get the BUSINESS VISA ON ARRIVAL in Cambodia. The price is $25USD and it is good for 30 days. You don't need any special papers or anything, just ASK for the business visa when u arrive. There is a chance you will be asked for a few extra dollars for the visa, but Cambodia just calls that 'tea money.' Once u are in Cambodia you can pay about $280 (PM me for more specific details of the best place to get it) for an new business visa for an additional year that is multiple entry.

The visa is yours. You don't need help from a school to get one. It's that easy.

Thanks, LuckyKhan.

One more questions.

Can I buy a one-way ticket to Phnom Penh from the US?

You say I can just get a business visa on arrival at the airport.

This means I'll be flying to Phnom Penh without a visa.

Or, witll they demand an onward ticket?
MrMrLuckyKhan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:28 am    Post subject: Re: Best way for Cambodian Visa? Reply with quote

breezen wrote:
MrMrLuckyKhan wrote:

Thanks, LuckyKhan.

One more questions.

Can I buy a one-way ticket to Phnom Penh from the US?

You say I can just get a business visa on arrival at the airport.

This means I'll be flying to Phnom Penh without a visa.

Or, witll they demand an onward ticket?

No, they won't ask you for an onward ticket at all. They wouldn't know a onward ticket from a supermarket receipt.

Also, I've read about certain airlines not allowing u on to the plane unless u have a visa to a country or an onward ticket, but I have NEVER had a problem with that in my years of travels... To be on the safe side, u may want to print something that shows u plan to get a tourist visa on arrival and that u won't have any problems getting it...

http://www.cambodia-travel.com/information/cambodia-visa.htm

I found some other links, but they mention they COULD deny entry if you don't have an onward ticket or proof of sufficient funds...
PattyFlipper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another point to consider is that if you are flying from the US to Phnom Penh, you will likely be flying through Thailand (there are no direct flights to Cambodia from outside Asia). If you plan on getting the 30 day visa waiver for Thailand at the airport, it is a requirement that you have a return or onward ticket. While this is rarely, if ever, enforced by Thai immigration authorities, some airlines can be very anally retentive about it, and they may refuse to let you board the aircraft at point of departure. I understand that some airports in the USA can be especially difficult about this, so make sure you have an onward booking to Phnom Penh.

As far as I am aware, Cambodian embassies and consulates are not allowed to issue business visas, and these are only available on arrival at airports and border crossing points.
breezen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PattyFlipper wrote:
Another point to consider is that if you are flying from the US to Phnom Penh, you will likely be flying through Thailand (there are no direct flights to Cambodia from outside Asia). If you plan on getting the 30 day visa waiver for Thailand at the airport, it is a requirement that you have a return or onward ticket. While this is rarely, if ever, enforced by Thai immigration authorities, some airlines can be very anally retentive about it, and they may refuse to let you board the aircraft at point of departure. I understand that some airports in the USA can be especially difficult about this, so make sure you have an onward booking to Phnom Penh.

Yes, I've been asked to show proof of a return or onward ticket at the US check-in counters before flying to Thailand before. If you don't have one, you buy one right there, on the spot, or you don't get on the plane.

So, one option I might do for this is.....

Buy a one-way ticket to Bangkok, with an onward ticket to Cambodia the next day.

That would solve the onward ticket, ay?
MrMrLuckyKhan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

breezen wrote:

Buy a one-way ticket to Bangkok, with an onward ticket to Cambodia the next day.

Yes, of course.
Luxe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is getting the business visa as easy as just paying for it?
MrMrLuckyKhan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luxe wrote:
Is getting the business visa as easy as just paying for it?

Yes, but the AMOUNT you end up paying is the part to worry about... Mr. Green
bule_boy69

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrMrLuckyKhan wrote:
breezen wrote:

Yes, of course.

Oh yes the onward ticket pain.

Might be an idea to anonymously check with the airline first. Sometimes check in staff are worse than immigration types and not always clued up as they think they are about each countries requirements.

Some airlines are worse than others. i had a nightmare buying a one way ticket to Indonesia. Malaysia Airlines wouldn't even sell me a one way ticket only a return to Australia. i said i could show them an onward ticket to malaysia or somewhere...they weren't impressed, eventhough that's all Indonesia requires. Garuda would accept it, but were full!!
breezen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bule_boy69 wrote:
MrMrLuckyKhan wrote:
breezen wrote:

Yes, of course.

Might be an idea to anonymously check with the airline first. Sometimes check in staff are worse than immigration types and not always clued up as they think they are about each countries requirements.

I called the airline anonymously and they were clueless. The insisted I needed a visa. I told them a few times that I do not need a visa, and that there is a VOA (visa on arrival) when you arrive in PP.

I did mention the onward ticket just to get information, and the representative said an onward ticekt didn't matter becaue I needed a visa.

Clueless.
MrMrLuckyKhan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

breezen wrote:
bule_boy69 wrote:
MrMrLuckyKhan wrote:
breezen wrote:

Yes, of course.

I called the airline anonymously and they were clueless. The insisted I needed a visa. I told them a few times that I do not need a visa, and that there is a VOA (visa on arrival) when you arrive in PP.

I did mention the onward ticket just to get information, and the representative said an onward ticekt didn't matter becaue I needed a visa.

Clueless.

let us know what finally happens, i'm interested to see!!!
breezen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ I'll let you know, soon.

Thanks for the info, everyone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Cambodia All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: