Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is the rate of pay in Philippines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Philippines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
russel1988

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: What is the rate of pay in Philippines Reply with quote

What is the normal pay for certified teachers at international schools in the Phils. Does it include housing, flights, tuition for own child?
thx
Teachurrrr

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject: What IS's pay Reply with quote

In 2008,

Brent I.S. (Manila, Baguio, Subic) total package paid US$22,800/year or 260,000 Pesos

I.S. Manila total package paid US$31,000/year or 613,000 Pesos

Cebu I.S. total package paid US$21,000/year.

If you work for British School Manila, you're set for life. There salaries are RIDICULOUSLY High! Just my opinion.

At BIS, ISM, or CIS, you will take home roughly 60,000 to 70,000 pesos a month (80,000 to 90,000 if you are a head of department).

They fly the whole family over and the Medical Insurance was top-notch in my opinion. They don't provide housing (but give a cost of living allowance - included in above salaries). Most provide tuition-free attendence for your children (up to 2 children).

Hope this helps.

Teachurrrr
vettievette

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the 2009-2010 salary scale for IS Manila:

http://www.ismanila.org/_Rainbow/Documents/Salary%20Scale%202009-2010.pdf

Base for someone w/ an MA is $41,000 USD

Does anybody know the base @ Beacon School for someone w/ a MA?
expatusa007

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:08 pm    Post subject: ESL Teacher Salaries Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes I have worked for two Korean language "schools", and interviewed with many more, mostly in the metro Manila area. I an an American, with graduate degrees in other areas, a TOESL Certificate, and over three years of ESL Teaching experience (including S. Korea). I am not a state certified teacher.

The salaries I have been offered have ranged from 16,000 Pesos to 50,000 Pesos a month, usually without any benefits. Most "schools" I have talked to offer more along the 30-35,000 range. The recent Pesos to US Dollar exchange rate has been about 45 Pesos = $1.00 US.

You are not going to get rich teaching at Korean Language Schools in the Philippines. They don't offer housing, pension plan, medical insurance, or the higher salaries of 1500 - 2500 USD that Korean Language Schools offer in S. Korea. Keep this in mind.

If you want to experience the Philippines, meet a great wife, or make some good friends, then come to teach. If you have bills or want to same some money, then consider Korea or elsewhere.
laconic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: ESL Teacher Salaries Reply with quote

expatusa007 wrote:
Rolling Eyes I have worked for two Korean language "schools", and interviewed with many more, mostly in the metro Manila area. I an an American, with graduate degrees in other areas, a TOESL Certificate, and over three years of ESL Teaching experience (including S. Korea). I am not a state certified teacher.

The salaries I have been offered have ranged from 16,000 Pesos to 50,000 Pesos a month, usually without any benefits. Most "schools" I have talked to offer more along the 30-35,000 range. The recent Pesos to US Dollar exchange rate has been about 45 Pesos = $1.00 US.

You are not going to get rich teaching at Korean Language Schools in the Philippines. They don't offer housing, pension plan, medical insurance, or the higher salaries of 1500 - 2500 USD that Korean Language Schools offer in S. Korea. Keep this in mind.

If you want to experience the Philippines, meet a great wife, or make some good friends, then come to teach. If you have bills or want to same some money, then consider Korea or elsewhere.

Interesting post.

I just sent you a PM with some info that may be helpful.
Action

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Tax PAYE Reply with quote

Some good news that from 2018 salaries of up to 250,000 pesos ($5,000) will not have to pay witholding tax (PAYE). We don't yet know the rate for salaries above 250,000 pesos.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Philippines All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: