Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

In Korea considering Cambodia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Cambodia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djg2323

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:10 am    Post subject: In Korea considering Cambodia Reply with quote

Hello, I am currently working in Korea. I have six months left on a 12 month contract which I intend to finish. My current school has offered me another 12 month contract which would be quite lucrative. My dilemma is that I find Korea to be quite boring. I am considering a move to Cambodia. If I come at the end of this contract in March 2011 I will arrive with about $5000 U.S. If I were to stay another year in Korea I could increase that to $15,000. Would $5,000 be enough to get set up in PP? I have an MBA and a BBA, but no TEFL or CELTA.

If experienced native teachers in Cambodia could chime in it would be appreciated. Should I stay in Korea another year and build up my cash or make the move with $5000 in March 2011?

Thanks
Mr. Kalgukshi
Mod Team
Mod Team

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the Cambodia Forum. Postings here must focus on living and teaching in Cambodia. Posting related to living and teaching in Korean should be published on the Korean board that requires separate registration.
teachercreature

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOD EDIT: No, it's not khmer 440, but it is this:

http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?t=84402

Provisions of the above locked Announcement have been invoked in this instance.

MOD EDIT 5000 $ is plenty. I found a room in PP for 13 a night, and I think I read of 8 a night, and you might even be able to find that elusive 30 a night with a family or bargains or something. You'd probably have a job in 2 weeks. If that's all you've got and there's no family support, I don't know what I'd recommend. Have enough set aside so you can get out of here in that case.
MrMrLuckyKhan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: In Korea considering Cambodia Reply with quote

djg2323 wrote:
Hello, I am currently working in Korea. I have six months left on a 12 month contract which I intend to finish. My current school has offered me another 12 month contract which would be quite lucrative. My dilemma is that I find Korea to be quite boring. I am considering a move to Cambodia. If I come at the end of this contract in March 2011 I will arrive with about $5000 U.S. If I were to stay another year in Korea I could increase that to $15,000. Would $5,000 be enough to get set up in PP? I have an MBA and a BBA, but no TEFL or CELTA.

If experienced native teachers in Cambodia could chime in it would be appreciated. Should I stay in Korea another year and build up my cash or make the move with $5000 in March 2011?

Thanks

Easy question. Yes, $5,000 is more than enough to get started here. The only thing you need to decide is if you really want to spend another year of your only life saving up an extra $10,000 in a country that bores you to tears. If/when you decide to come on over to Cambodia PM me and I can help you out further.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Cambodia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: