Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Starting a business in Poland - Info
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
the new guy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok my Sp�łka Komandytowa is complete!! yay!! Here's what happened.

I am NON-EU and non American but Canadian.

Americans have a bi-lateral agreement for setting up a sole trader business in PL but Canadians DO NOT. Keep that in mind.

You will need to have your Zameldowanie up to date for this process.

You will need to have your rental contract changed to have the name of your business in it.

You will need to have your passport with you for every office to see.

I highly advise getting a lawyer & accountant to see you thru this process. It greatly helped me.

I needed a Pole to join in my SK. That person has 1% interest in my(our) business. A good friend of mine agreed to it.

We agreed to everything, and created the company and had to have it notarized. (1040PLN) Sworn Translator (200PLN) This document has a name, Art Notarialny

Then this company deed and all other supporting documents regarding the set up of the company was presented to the Court Registry, it took 2 weeks for it to be completed. The fee for submission was 1250PLN

I got all the documents back from my lawyer. His fees for all this work was 800PLN. He was doing this on his own time. Had it been on company time, it would have been 2000PLN

I then had to visit my accountant to get all my tax papers in order.She got me my REGON the next day. (FREE)

I had to open a business account at the bank. I suggest using ING, as most of the ppl that work there speak English, and they have their website in English.

You will need a NIP# for the business(170PLN)

Then a personal NIP for yourself.(FREE)

Once i have my business NIP, I must go to the bank with it.

I am now ready to invoice.

Soon, I will need to pay a visit to the beloved ZUS office and register.

Thats pretty much the process....lots of running around...test of patience

I wish you have as much fun as i did Razz

Last edited by the new guy on Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:33 am; edited 2 times in total
the new guy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you will also need to have a stamp made with your Business name, address, NIP # on it.

Last edited by the new guy on Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Richfilth

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had an argument with the monsters at the tax office this week; one particularly bloated individual insisting that tax had to be paid every month, despite the sign seven inches to the left of her head which said, in clear letters, "new businesses (ie dzialalnosc) set up in 2009 can pay tax every three months instead of every month."

ZUS, on the other hand, does have to be paid monthly, by the 10th. Which I will do, once I work out how the hell to fill in these forms...
Tracer

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently going through this process (03-04-2009). I'm an American and I'll post any updates to requirements once I'm finished. I plan on finding a lawyer and an accountant to help out. Btw, are you guys using accounting software to keep track of those write offs? If so, what kind?
NilSatis82

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm an EU citizen and I'm thinking of setting up my own business. The only thing that worries me is the cost of ZUS payments. I've read that you get a reduction in the first two years, is this true? How much are other people paying?

http://www.claritaslux.com/blog/country-start-business/

Also, does anyone know anything about the double taxation agreement that exists between the UK and Poland? I've searched on the internet but can't find the details of the agreement anywhere.

I think I am probably still ordinarily resident in the UK so might be able to pay tax in the UK instead of Poland which might save me money.
triaroi3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi:

I'm looking into starting a language service type business here as well to get around the work permit / Non-EU difficulties in teaching.

I'm wondering though if the bi-lateral agreement between Poland and the US still allows Americans to start sole proprietorships. Looked everywhere on the Net and best info I could find was State Dpt. web site here:

http://www.state.gov/e/eeb/rls/othr/ics/2009/117228.htm

But I didn't see any definite confirmation that Americans could still (after 2004 changes in agreement) enter into a sole proprietorship or if we're, uh, limited to a limited liability or the other three options from that great link in this thread. Anyone have any confirmation of this?

Also, after setting up a business, is it possible to apply for a long-term (5-year) karta pobytu?

Thanks for insight.
simon_porter00

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought I'd head on back to this topic and see what the latest information is.

I read this link:
http://www.paiz.gov.pl/index/?id=3e1953b572576cc82887d4100a29a02c

And as I see it, it doesn't matter where you come from in the world, you can set up a entrepreneurship or sole-tradership as long as you have residency card (karta pobytu).

If that's the case that makes it easier for anyone to start a business as all you need (in terms of Polish government paperwork) for a residency card is a zameldowania.

Is this easier then before or am I just being a little bit dim?
gibon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simon_porter00 wrote:

And as I see it, it doesn't matter where you come from in the world, you can set up a entrepreneurship or sole-tradership as long as you have residency card (karta pobytu).

If that's the case that makes it easier for anyone to start a business as all you need (in terms of Polish government paperwork) for a residency card is a zameldowania.

Is this easier then before or am I just being a little bit dim?

Even easier than you mention.

You can register as self-employed without a Karta Pobytu (at least for Europeans - I assume it's the same for non-Europeans). A passport is sufficient as ID. You will need an address - any rental contract (not necessarily for a flat) will do - they don't take a copy. Some unscrupulous person might even knock one up themself. At the tax office, you will need to quote a bank account number.

In fact, if you haven't got one of those health cards that replaced the E111, you'll need to have paid your first ZUS payment as well as having registered yourself as self-employed (or have a contract of employment or proof of funds) before they'll issue a Karta Pobytu anyway.

A zameldowanie isn't always possible to get. At the office in Warsaw (ul. Długa) where they are issued, the staff are very used to this. They will accept a signed statement (oświadczenie), naturally in Polish, that you can't supply a zameldowanie. You need to give a good reason like the owner of the flat living abroad, etc., and you will need to have a rental contract.

That's what the nice lady in the Warsaw office told me last week. I wouldn't be surprised if the offices in different voivodships interpret the rules differently.
wojbrian

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone give me some contacts of people to help start the business? Can someone also provide a step by step listing of what needs to be done?

I am American also if that helps.
futuredarrell

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going through this process now and it turns out that there are quite a few new websites and resources in English. The problem is that these resources are only okay and translations of official documents and processes don't always make sense.

I'm Canadian and want to start a business here in Warsaw and I have my zameldowanie and a type-D visa until mid-December but no karta pobytu. Currently I'm waiting to see if a business can be started without a karta pobytu. If it's necessary that provides a wonderful chicken and egg scenario where you can get a karta pobytu by starting a business but you cant start a business without a karta pobytu.

Can anyone clarify this? The thread offers conflicting info.
lundjstuart

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

futuredarrell wrote:
Can anyone clarify this? The thread offers conflicting info.

Go to the government office and you will get your answer why there is conflicting info on this thread!!
Master Shake

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gibon wrote:

Even easier than you mention.

You can register as self-employed without a Karta Pobytu (at least for Europeans - I assume it's the same for non-Europeans). A passport is sufficient as ID. You will need an address - any rental contract (not necessarily for a flat) will do - they don't take a copy. Some unscrupulous person might even knock one up themself. At the tax office, you will need to quote a bank account number.

In fact, if you haven't got one of those health cards that replaced the E111, you'll need to have paid your first ZUS payment as well as having registered yourself as self-employed (or have a contract of employment or proof of funds) before they'll issue a Karta Pobytu anyway.

A zameldowanie isn't always possible to get. At the office in Warsaw (ul. Długa) where they are issued, the staff are very used to this. They will accept a signed statement (oświadczenie), naturally in Polish, that you can't supply a zameldowanie. You need to give a good reason like the owner of the flat living abroad, etc., and you will need to have a rental contract.

That's what the nice lady in the Warsaw office told me last week. I wouldn't be surprised if the offices in different voivodships interpret the rules differently.

This wasn't my experience at all. I have a katra pobytu, zameldowanie, health insurance, NIP. When I filed to start a company last month, they told me that I couldn't do this because 'my decision didn't allow for it.' They said I needed to go back to the US and apply to start the company from there. Crazy.

I'm in Warsaw. Have the laws changed? Or did I just deal with the wrong individuals?
Master Shake

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should mention that they did let me start a business after all. I got the notice in the mail a couple weeks ago. My sole trader is active as of Oct. 2. Cool

Why did I have a problem initially? Probably just dealt with the wrong individuals the first time (luck of the draw).
yourenvironment

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

useful info, thanks
wojbrian

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the current requirements for an American to start a business in Poland?

Can I start the paperwork in the US?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Poland All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: