Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cert ICT: Certificate in Teaching Languages with Technology

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jbhughes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Cert ICT: Certificate in Teaching Languages with Technology Reply with quote

http://www.theconsultants-e.com/training/courses/cert-ict.aspx

Has anyone done this course?

Having just taken my first tentative steps into using ICT with sts, a whole new world has opened up to me and I'm feeling totally buzzed! I'm looking at starting some kind course this year and was wondering about this one.
(I'm not too dissimilar to how 80daze was when they wrote this thread: http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?t=80802&highlight=cert+ict)

So without further waffle, here's my questions:

1. How 'future-proof' is the course?

I note from the website that "the course takes place entirely online in Moodle" I also note that some of the course objectives refer to what seem like specific types of software/internet environments (my knowledge of the following list is really quite poor, so forgive any misuse of terms): WebQuests, RSS feeds, podcasting, online reference tools, electronic portfolios and VLEs.

We all know that developments in software and trends in usage leave last weeks latest thang on the pile with all of the week before's.

How well does the course protect trainees from that?

2. How good does it look on a CV?

I see this course to be more along the lines of professional development rather than career progression. Still, it's a financial investment and one would like potential employers to look upon it favourably. I realise that not restricting this question to a region or set of countries is less than helpful - but I would like to keep this question a very general one. In terms of institution, potential employers would be language centres, with universities in more of a mid-term future.

3. How supportive are tutors and how well does the course cultivate a supportive rapport / learning atmosphere between candidates?

I have never done any type of distance learning before. I've always been one of those annoying learners who constantly asks questions to tutors/teachers and hangs around after class to clarify something or ask for advice on some matter. It's up to me to decide if distance learning is appropriate for my learning needs fullstop. However, should I go for distance learning, I'm sure I will need a lot of contact with tutors/other candidates alike.

Many many thanks to anyone who takes the time to reply!

and err /chao Technology Forum!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: