Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bridge-Linguatec in Buenos Aires

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Argentina
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yamnitsky

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Bridge-Linguatec in Buenos Aires Reply with quote

Hi all,
Among other things, I'm considering a TEFL course by Bridge-Linguatec in Buenos Aires. Several questions:
    Is this a reputable school?
    Is their "conditional employment guarantee" anything real or is it another marketing gimmick to lure students?
    If the employment is indeed something real, what is the pay on average, and would you want to be working for them or are they another Wall Street/Berlitz-type place?

Thanks much,
Mike
AJC

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike,
I emailed them not too long ago with some of the same questions. (Although it's not present in this email, they did mention in another that the pay for their conditional employment was 10 pesos/hr.)
This was the reply:

I am more than happy to answer any questions that you have. We have only ran one course there as we didn't run them in 2003 due to the economic situation. However, after our March course we will have a list of people who took the course in Buenos Aires that I will be more than happy to send to you. I can send you a list of people who have taken the course in all of our other locations if you would like.

You get six hours of practice teaching time during the course. We offer a conditional guarantee of employment to our graduates. It is on a first come, first serve basis in the order that you register for the course. Typically we have 3 to 4 available teaching positions per month. This is due to the nature of the corporate market and that teacher usually work from six months to two years. If you are one of the first to register for the course, we will reserve a position for you by offering you a conditional guarantee. The condition is that you pass the course with a Pass/Good and pass a standard job interview after the course. There are three levels of pass: Excellent, Good and Satisfactory. If there are no positions availalbe we will tell you so that you are always informed.

In Argentina it is difficult to get a work visa. Many companies will not give you one and you will work under the table.

Please feel free to contact me with any further questions.

Best Regards,

Amanda McCarthy
TEFL-CELTA Assistant
Bridge-Linguatec Language Services
915 S. Colorado Blvd.
Denver, CO 80246 USA
Tel: 303-777-7783 ext. 13
Fax: 303-777-7246
[email protected]
www.bridgelinguatec.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Argentina All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: