Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PDF CELTA texts for Kindle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lilas

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:26 am    Post subject: PDF CELTA texts for Kindle Reply with quote

Does anyone know any safe sites where I can (pay and) download any of the recommended texts in PDF so I can transfer them to my Kindle? I'm thinking particularly of Swan's 'Practical English Usage' or any of the Murphy ones. Google is helpful, but trying to be safe! Thanks for any help.

...Perhaps I should say any texts that I can convert to read on a Kindle? Am trying to cut down on luggage!
fluffyhamster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know these aren't quite the texts you mentioned, or in pdf format, but you might like to consider the Collins COBUILD CD-ROM (includes the Dictionary, Grammar, Guide to English Usage, Thesaurus, and Wordbank), or Carter & McCarthy's Cambridge Grammar of English book & CD-ROM.

There is also a fair amount of grammar guidance in any of the learner dictionary book & CD-ROM packs available from Longman, Oxford, Macmillan, or Cambridge (listed in the order I tend to use them most, most > least), though these are all available as free online versions (but these are all very basic/much less feature-packed, compared to their CD-ROMs).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: