Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TASP Tel Aviv - Update

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rotemmay

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:36 am    Post subject: TASP Tel Aviv - Update Reply with quote

Hi all,
I posted a note months ago asking about the difference between TASP and the MA TESOL at Tel Aviv University. I have since found out information that I thought I'd share here.

I applied for the MA TESOL at TAU and was accepted (and started just last week). This is a 1 year MA program through the Overseas School at TAU and is part of the Dept of Education at TAU. So it is an academic degree through TAU that meets the standards of that school. I can say that from experience of having obtained a degree through another of the "top seven" (eight? nine?) universities in Israel that degrees there are accepted in the States, as I worked at various jobs in the States and never had my degree questioned. I also received an MA in English in the States and my BA degree from BGU was considered equivalent to a degree in the States.

During orientation, the program directors explained that the TASP program used to be through them and was discontinued 2 years ago in favor of integrating a program through the university (rather than external to it) that focused more on academics but also included a practical element (teaching practicum).

So far the MA program looks great, with very knowledgeable instructors, small classes, and high standards. It isn't cheap (roughly, 25K, including the Ulpan and dorms - I pay a bit less because I'm a native Hebrew speaker and I live with my parents) but so far it's looking like a good investment.

Just wanted to provide that update.

Rotem
tasprefugee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on your decision, Rotem. Please keep us updated on how things go there at TAU. Also, if you happen to have more current information about TASP, please post that as well. As you can see form my posts on the subject, my information is somewhat dated. Despite that, however, no one has ever posted any current information that would lead me to believe anything at TASP has significantly changed. I'd love to know if things have changed, for better or for worse.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Israel All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: