Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teaching in Coilombia - on and off site?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Colombia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BooshGirl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:59 pm    Post subject: Teaching in Coilombia - on and off site? Reply with quote

Does anyone know if the majority of ESL teaching in Colombia - particularly Cali or Medellin - is onsight at the actual schools, or off site to corporates?

I am interested in teaching English in either of these cities, but don`t want to spend all my time travelling around on buses, I would rather have a base for all my lessons and be able to meet up with other teachers easily.

I am currently in Brazil, and while the country is wonderful, the only teaching availble is corporates which means a lot of time on transport!

Thanks!
Vecchia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Teaching in Coilombia - on and off site? Reply with quote

BooshGirl wrote:

I am currently in Brazil, and while the country is wonderful, the only teaching availble is corporates which means a lot of time on transport!

Really?! I`m in Brazil and can`t find any corporates! Are you in SP or Rio?
spanglish

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might be able to get work in Medellin with the program, SISLENGUAS at EAFIT university. Through that, you teach at a local high school, but your employer is EAFIT, so you have the benefits of working for a nice private university. A couple years ago they were paying 2 million/month plus transportation which isn't too bad.

I don't know much about Cali.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Colombia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: