Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CLIC IH Seville

View previous topic :: View next topic  
9ball

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:02 pm    Post subject: CLIC IH Seville Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I'm seriously considering doing a CELTA at CLIC and wondered whether anyone has any recent experience of the school. I've had a dig around the posts and managed to glean some information, but not much that has been written recently.

Hopefully someone can help.

All the best,

9Ball
SirKirby

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't tell you anything about the teacher training department or the CELTA course there but I know the Spanish department and their teacher training people, which I could recommend.

Real nice school building (love their patio!) and Seville itself is a lovely city.
turtles

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit late to the party but I did my CELTA there in June 2008, and I highly recommend it. Seville is a lovely city and I found the trainers at IH very helpful and supportive. Go for it!
jamesart9

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did it there this June.
It is good, I found it hard work and I wasn't 'a star performer'.
However, the teachers are fair and you learn as much as you put into it even if you only get a pass like myself! I don't plan to be an ESL teacher for life but the methodologies taught on the course have given me transferable skills for other forms of tutoring that I want to go back to, i.e. digital art etc.
twowheel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^bumped.

I have been looking at Clic IH Seville's website and am considering their full-time intensive Delta course for the Autumn of 2016. I like it that their course is nine weeks long and their tuition is cheaper than most other schools' Delta course tuition.

twowheel
JRJohn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:11 am    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

I am intrigued that you are asking people to vet the place where you will do CELTA. That shows you are experienced, or shrewd. You ought to try to research schools you are going to work in too of course.
asharp

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Hi Reply with quote

JRJohn wrote:
I am intrigued that you are asking people to vet the place where you will do CELTA. That shows you are experienced, or shrewd. You ought to try to research schools you are going to work in too of course.

Hi, I'm also researching the CLIC IH CELTA in Seville for fall enrollment. I'm curious as to why asking people to vet the place I'll do CELTA shows experience or shrewdness. I've already been researching for months because I've found so much about scams and poorly taught courses in the TEFL industry. I'm hoping a forum like this will be a good resource to help "vet" my options. Is this not the case?

Thank you.
nomad soul

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi Reply with quote

asharp wrote:
I'm also researching the CLIC IH CELTA in Seville for fall enrollment. I'm curious as to why asking people to vet the place I'll do CELTA shows experience or shrewdness. I've already been researching for months because I've found so much about scams and poorly taught courses in the TEFL industry. I'm hoping a forum like this will be a good resource to help "vet" my options. Is this not the case?

Like SIT TESOL and Trinity CertTESOL, the CELTA is a standardized exam. It's administered and vetted by Cambridge English Language Assessment. The course content is the same curriculum, same methodology regardless of where it's completed. The only vetting you might be concerned about are the facilities the course provider offers (e.g., free wifi, a break room/lunchroom, a small library of study materials, fax and copy machines, etc.). That's info that you can ask the course provider directly.

Last edited by nomad soul on Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
asharp

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, thank you!

I've found some complaints about specific course providers so it seemed to me that there are some differences in the level of instruction quality between providers, even if the material is the same. I'm a career changer so I'm interested in getting the best quality available since I'm looking at this as a long-term scenario.

I appreciate your response! Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Spain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: