Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What Germans should not do in america(or britain)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
englishgibson

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
CLOvis, you'll benefit from reading my previous posts on Guantanamo Bay and secret tribunals. You really will.
there're few benefits to reading your lovely contributions on Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote:
And cheers to the eminently non-English gibson
eminently, spy who sh*gged my rear end Laughing Laughing Laughing

peace to the eminence as well as prominence
and
cheers and beers to the evidence of some Laughing Laughing Laughing
Deicide

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

englishgibson wrote:
Quote:
CLOvis, you'll benefit from reading my previous posts on Guantanamo Bay and secret tribunals. You really will.
there're few benefits to reading your lovely contributions on Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote:
And cheers to the eminently non-English gibson
eminently, spy who sh*gged my rear end Laughing Laughing Laughing

peace to the eminence as well as prominence
and
cheers and beers to the evidence of some Laughing Laughing Laughing

CHavsssssssssssssssss arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Henry_Cowell

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clovis wrote:
...I'm glad to say that Guantanomo Bay would not happen in Europe....

And yet another report and confirmation:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,,2098870,00.html

Report claims US ran secret prisons in Europe

Fred Attewill and agencies
Friday June 8, 2007
Guardian Unlimited

The CIA ran secret prisons in Poland and Romania from 2003 to 2005 where terrorism suspects could be interrogated free of US legal restraints, a Council of Europe investigation concluded today.

It revealed that Abu Zubaydah, believed to be a senior al-Qaida member, and Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, a suspected mastermind of the September 11 attacks, were held and interrogated in Poland.

None of the prisoners had access to the Red Cross and many were subjected to what George Bush has called the CIA's "enhanced" interrogation, which critics have condemned as torture....

...The report said that within weeks of the 9/11 attacks, Nato signed an agreement with the US that allowed civilian jets used by the CIA during its so-called extraordinary rendition programme to move across member states' airspace.

D*ick Marty, a Swiss senator who ran the investigation, said in his report that the "the highest state authorities were aware of the CIA's illegal activities on their territories...."
Deicide

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry_Cowell wrote:
clovis wrote:
...I'm glad to say that Guantanomo Bay would not happen in Europe....

And yet another report and confirmation:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,,2098870,00.html

Report claims US ran secret prisons in Europe

Fred Attewill and agencies
Friday June 8, 2007
Guardian Unlimited

The CIA ran secret prisons in Poland and Romania from 2003 to 2005 where terrorism suspects could be interrogated free of US legal restraints, a Council of Europe investigation concluded today.

It revealed that Abu Zubaydah, believed to be a senior al-Qaida member, and Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, a suspected mastermind of the September 11 attacks, were held and interrogated in Poland.

None of the prisoners had access to the Red Cross and many were subjected to what George Bush has called the CIA's "enhanced" interrogation, which critics have condemned as torture....

...The report said that within weeks of the 9/11 attacks, Nato signed an agreement with the US that allowed civilian jets used by the CIA during its so-called extraordinary rendition programme to move across member states' airspace.

D*ick Marty, a Swiss senator who ran the investigation, said in his report that the "the highest state authorities were aware of the CIA's illegal activities on their territories...."

Sigh...why aren't we talking about the serious issues; let's talk about chavs!
Henry_Cowell

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our resident chavette Deicide has a one-track mind.
clovis

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I submit to your argument Henry_Powell, the EU has indeed got the same set of values as the USA. The European Court of Human rights is a total facade, as is the British media right now, notably The Daily Mail. which is currently running an on going newsline about the UK being involved in secretly allowing the CIA to use civilian and military airfields for their 'flights of rendition'.

I don't know quite why they are bothering with this news item as we would only, as UK citizens, thoroughly endorse such actions by the CIA.
Yes Henry_Powell, we Europeans don't actually mind Guantanomo, are constant extremely negative comments about it, especially in relation to imprisonment without trial is, again, a total red herring. We also, over in E.U land, think it is perfectly acceptable to use capital punishment, including when the giulty person was a minor at the time of the offence. Yes Henry_Powell, we do actually fully endorse Dubya's view of the world, as do most Americans, who, after all, voted for him.
clovis

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please do excuse the grammatical errors
Henry_Cowell

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clovis wrote:
OK, I submit to your argument Henry_Powell, the EU has indeed got the same set of values as the USA. The European Court of Human rights is a total facade...

Once again (for the slow-witted): Please show me where I said this. I did not. I have simply been pointing out the error in your original statement, in which you said that a Guantanamo-like situation would never happen in Europe.

Flustered, you decide to put words in my mouth rather than take responsibility for your own words.

QED
clovis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not flustered Henry_Cowell, I am just acdeding to your point that I was wrong in thinking that the E.U would ALLOW something like Guantanomo Bay to exist with the E.U. I stand corrected, you have proven that we would indeed allow something like that to be put into operation. I was trying to show that there was a clear difference in what the E.U would regard as lawful, ethically and morally acceptable and what the Bush administration finds acceptable. You have very cleverly shown us to be infact all the same. Yes, you are correct, we in the E.U really should follow the excellent example set by the Bush administration. And as a voting body, we would no doubt have voted for Dubya as our elected leader as well. Yes, we do believe here in imprisonment without trial, even if it is 5 years without a trial. I won't bother your vast intellect with my ignorant, un-informed views again.
Henry_Cowell

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clovis wrote:
Yes, you are correct, we in the E.U really should follow the excellent example set by the Bush administration. And as a voting body, we would no doubt have voted for Dubya as our elected leader as well.

Still flustered I see. Please show me exactly where I described the EU as doing these things. Please. You cannot.
clovis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my original post, I stated, ignorantly in your view Henry_cowell, that Guantanomo Bay would not be allowed to happen within the E.U You have then gone to some considerable lengths to say that something similar to Guantanomo Bay has indeed been allowed within the E.U. Now you ask me to show you exactly where you have not said the E.U allows such things. I take it you are a complete wind-up merchant, and a 'chav' to boot. Cheery Bye n*m*s*u*l
Henry_Cowell

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please show me where I said that "the E.U really should follow the excellent example set by the Bush administration and, as a voting body, would have voted for Dubya as its elected leader."

Can you show me that? Or were those your own words attributed to me?
clovis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are my own words attributed to you.......quite correct H_C
Henry_Cowell

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QED
smoofy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Just Say Eh Reply with quote

JZer wrote:
Here is an idea!! Don't ask every America why people voted for Bush!! It gets old after a while. I have been living in Germany and I get tired of explaining to every other person why some people vote for Bush.

I once had a guy from North Korea follow me around Daegu preaching about how Bush was evil and was responsible for the pain and suffering of many. Eventually, after trying to argue that not all of us voted for the *beep* and that I didn't agree with his politics, I just gave up and said I was Canadian.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Germany All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: