Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Facing Unexpected Situation / Advice Appreciated!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
esl_prof

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitzgerald wrote:
Thanks! I'll keep posting about these changes, since I enjoy spinning narrative, and there is certainly a level of adventure involved. Friends in the States keep telling me that they're waiting for my book about all this.

Book or not, your posts on this forum will certainly help others who follow in your footsteps later.
hobo6

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:42 am    Post subject: teaching Reply with quote

I teach ESL in DF privately. First, I think it's ironic that the school booted you because you're gay. I consider Mexico City to be the San Francisco of Mexico! Perhaps the rest of the country isn't the same.

With the gov't now going forth with a bullet train between the capital and Q, I imagine that the area in between will grow even more. One of my students told me that Q has grown much in the past 5-10 years. You probably can't go wrong there on the ESL front.

The other thing I wanted to say is that this is the wrong forum for asking your non-ESL questions. You should be over on the expat site where a lot of people can give you a lot of info. Try expatforum.com.

Suerte.t
esl_prof

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:51 am    Post subject: Re: teaching Reply with quote

hobo6 wrote:
The other thing I wanted to say is that this is the wrong forum for asking your non-ESL questions. You should be over on the expat site where a lot of people can give you a lot of info. Try expatforum.com

Excellent point, Hobo! I agree that the best way to take advantage of Dave's is to do so in conjunction with participating in an expat forum (or, alternatively, a Facebook group) for the country of your choice. Get basic ESL advice here. Get in-country info from the folks on the expat site. Perhaps it's different for countries with a large number of expat ESL teachers (e.g., Korea, China, etc.). But for Latin America, you've pointed us in the right direction.
Guero1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Fitzgerald"][quote="esl_prof"]Thanks for keeping us posted on your progress, Fitzgerald! It sounds like things are lining up for a smooth transition to the next chapter of your life and career.[/quote]
Thanks! I'll keep posting about these changes, since I enjoy spinning narrative, and there is certainly a level of adventure involved. Friends in the States keep telling me that they're waiting for my book about all this.[/quote]

So how's it going in Queretaro?
Fitzgerald

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really liking Queretaro! I'm working part-time hours so far for one outfit that I quite like, and I expect to start filling out my schedule in January, with more hours for the same company, perhaps some for other local concerns, and definitely some online teaching. My costs are radically lower than in Mexico City. Overall, I think this move will work out very well.

Queretarans are proud of their city - this comes up all the time in conversation - and with good reason. The place rocks. Beautiful, safe, historic, charming, cultural, business-friendly, booming - many laudatory adjectives come quickly to mind.
BadBeagleBad

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitzgerald wrote:
I'm really liking Queretaro! I'm working part-time hours so far for one outfit that I quite like, and I expect to start filling out my schedule in January, with more hours for the same company, perhaps some for other local concerns, and definitely some online teaching. My costs are radically lower than in Mexico City. Overall, I think this move will work out very well.

Queretarans are proud of their city - this comes up all the time in conversation - and with good reason. The place rocks. Beautiful, safe, historic, charming, cultural, business-friendly, booming - many laudatory adjectives come quickly to mind.

I have only ever heard good things about Queretaro, have never been, but it is on the ¨to do¨ list. I want to see Ronaldinho play, at least once, if he ever shows back up in Queretaro, so will probably be sooner rather than later. Glad things are falling into place for you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: