Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Overseas Medical Check----Z Visa
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lemak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denim-Maniac wrote:
I dont believe its required to get paperwork issued, and it doesnt need to be presented at the embassy with a visa application

Not always true. The Chinese embassy in Bangkok definitely required originals and copies of a health check completed in Thailand before they issued a Z visa. Just curious when you last applied. I thought handing in the medical at the time of applying for the Z was more or less standard these days. Having been said there seems to be very little consistency in anything any of us get told by the powers that be.
Will be interested in what the embassy in the UK tells you this time when you visit though.
DirtGuy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went through a visa service in Silicon Valley and the do lots and lots of Z visas in that part of the States. Their info clearly stated a medical check had to be included in my package. Luckily, I found a reasonably cheap clinic that had me in and out really quickly so it wasn't a big deal.

And, yes, I had to do exactly the same thing when I got to China but at least the school paid for it.

PG
Denim-Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ lemak

My first application for a Z visa was in the summer of 2011, and the medical was not required or requested in London.

My current application arrived back in my hands on Wednesday of this week February 2013. Again, Z visa processed in London and no medical required or requested.

Naturally I cant claim every Chinese embassy worldwide follows the same guidelines, but personal experience would suggests it isnt required if you are applying for a Z visa in London.

They do appear to have become stricter in the issuance of tourist visa though. I have a friend who will be travelling with me and staying in China for just three weeks. He didnt apply for his visa with me (so not red flags there), but they wouldnt accept his application without confirmed hotel bookings / itinerary / return flight tickets.
lemak

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denim-Maniac wrote:
personal experience would suggests it isnt required if you are applying for a Z visa in London.

Fair enough - Lucky for you. I'm sure the medical in the U.K would be a pretty hefty chunk of change. Annoyingly someone else could apply from the exact same location next week and be informed they need the completed health check.

Quote:
They do appear to have become stricter in the issuance of tourist visa though. I have a friend who will be travelling with me and staying in China for just three weeks. He didnt apply for his visa with me (so not red flags there), but they wouldnt accept his application without confirmed hotel bookings / itinerary / return flight tickets.

Even when I applied for the Z visa the embassy was requesting hotel bookings. Dense considering the school would be providing accomodation (however it's spelled). Discussed it with them for 5 minutes or so. They said if we could provide the university address complete with my dormitory building and room number it would be acceptable. I just made that part up. A lot of inconsistencies with the rules, alas they seem to err on the stricter side when in doubt.
lemak

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the Chinese embassy in Hong Kong currently accepting health checks done on the mainland for a Z visa application, or do they need to be done in HGK itself? Thanks!
hawaiianpunch

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had my blood, ekg and chest x-ray tests today. Results should be due in a couple days. Each of the schools from which I have received an offer requires a health certificate.

I have a question in regards to what documents are required to be notarized, approved by Sec of State office, and certified by Chinese Consulate. I am a US citizen.

1) ONLY Physical Examination Report for Foreigner Form

or

2) Physical Examination Report for Foreigner Form AND Results from each of the medical tests
choudoufu

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawaiianpunch wrote:
...blood, ekg and chest x-ray tests ...health certificate.

....what documents are required to be notarized, approved by Sec of State office, and certified by Chinese Consulate. I am a US citizen.

nothing. none. nada. nothing needs to be notarized or apostilled or
certified or coagulated. not for china.

nobody needs to see the test results, xrays, lab work, etc. all you need
is the health examination form with your photo on it, signed and STAMPED
by the hospital/clinic.

scan it, email it to your FAO. that let's the school apply for your work permit.

hand the exam form over to the embassy when you apply for you z-visa.
do not give them the xrays, lab tests, etc. they don't need 'em. just
the form. you'll get the form back when you pick up your passport with
the z-visa newly installed.

bring the xrays with you to china. when your fao takes you for your
in-china health test (where you get the health certificate booklet) you
can sometimes skip the xrays if you have recent ones.
Toast

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interestingly when I did a new medical check the other day the hospital had a big sign up in English saying "It is prohibited for this facility to provide Hepatitis B results directly to an employer without the patient's express consent as a positive test result is no longer grounds for the refusal of an employment visa by the Public Security Bureau."
amisexy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I just confirm that the embassy in London is not currently requesting medicals in the UK?

I had some friends that went out in February and they didn't require medicals for their visas. They only had a medical check out in China. Also, nearly everything I see online indicates that they don't need a medical check.

Thanks Smile
Toast

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amisexy wrote:
Can I just confirm that the embassy in London is not currently requesting medicals in the UK?

D.M said he didn't need one in Feb., but it's now almost July. 5 months in the world of Chinese bureaucracy is like 1,000 Jupiter years. In all likeliness the rules have changed 7 or 8 times since. Unless someone did it yesterday (and even then....) any information you receive here will be unreliable. Call them.
choudoufu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toast wrote:
Call them.

huh? call a chinese embassy? do they answer phones? if a human person
answers, will that person know anything? assuming that person understands
enough english........

for this type of info, call/email some visa agents.
GuestBob

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

choudoufu wrote:
for this type of info, call/email some visa agents.

All visa applications in the UK are handled through the Chinese Visa Application Service Center. Contact them.
davelister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from: http://www.visaforchina.org/MAN_EN/visainstruction/250146.shtml
so, for UK Teachers there's no mention of a prior health check requirement:

Work Visa (Z-visa) is issued to a foreign citizen who is to take up a post or employment in China and his or her accompanying family members, or to give commercial performances in China.

i.Please provide the following documents:

(i) Original passport which has more than 6 months left before it expires from the date of application and sufficient blank visa pages (18 months and more left if intended stay in China is more than one year).

(ii) One completed Visa Application Form (Download) with a recently-taken passport photo. All the items on the application form should be fully filled in with genuine information; if the applicant has a Chinese name, the Chinese name should be filled in; false or incomplete information and illegible characters may lead to refusal of a visa.

(iii) Employment Approval Documents required:

(A) Foreigners who come to China to take up employment as experts, scholars, teachers, managerial personnel and as personnel working in related state or local organizations should provide:
1. Permit for Foreign Experts Working in China(original) issued by the State Bureau of Foreign Experts (original);
2. An Invitation letter of Duly Authorized Unit or a Confirmation letter of Invitation (should be used within 6 months since its issuing date) issued by an authorized unit in China (original).

... I take it that A 1 Permit for Foreign Experts isn't the Foreign Experts Certificate (FEC) but a pre-registered permit so as to apply for the FEC in China (once the local health check and residency certificates/permits are sorted). Tell me if I'm wrong, please.

update: it seems I do need to get the health check (BG -14 form) done in the UK now.

Last edited by davelister on Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
davelister

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foreigner Physical Examination Form (BG-14) can be downloaded from: http://isc.bit.edu.cn/show.aspx?id=134&cid=67

If you're asked to do a health check in your own country (as I now am) so as to get a work (Z) visa, it's the BG-14 that's required.
BlueBlood

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, I'll be applying from within the U.S. Will I need to include this form?

Sadly for me, I'll be without health insurance for the first time in over 19 years within days. I hope I can get this done at reasonable expense. I've recently had EKG and chest x-rays, so those hopefully will "count."

Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 21 of 24

Jump to: