Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Low-cost US med tests & exam for employment visa
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dutchman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will apply for a Saudi work visa in the Netherlands. The embasy does not accept personal applications; I have to apply through an agency. I called an official agency (approved by the Saudi embassy) to ask about the medical. And the person I talked to said that I only need to get tested for HIV and Hepatitis, and that the doctor can just say "no anomaly" for the other tests. (So no urine or stool tests). I asked about the X-ray, and the lady said I don't need it. So I am a bit surprised. Would it be a problem if I go to Saudi without an X-ray report, because at the end of the medical form, it says "The medical report and x-ray should be submitted to the health authorities in Saudi Arabia"
nomad soul

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish it were that quick-n-easy, but I doubt that's the reality. I'm guessing your Saudi med form differs somewhat from the form Americans have to complete. If you were provided contact info on other approved visa agents in the Netherlands, give them each a call to see what they say. Of course, you can always just do the lab tests as listed on the form. But frankly, you may not get a response on this forum, especially from Dutch teachers working in KSA, so consider posting this topic on the various expat forums. Just do a search using saudi expat forum.
Sirens of Cyprus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can take the form seriously, shop around, and get ALL the lab tests done yourself, but it's better to forget everything you read on that ridiculous form and listen to the agent--better yet, have the agent choose and interface with the doctor. The agent has inside info. The English version of the form is for suckers. If you take the x-ray with you to Saudi and hand it to the hospital upon arrival, they will look at you like you are crazy. They take their own x-ray.
lynnknows

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Dutchman

It seems each country has different requirements. When I got a visa for KSA I was in another GCC Country. I didnt have to do all those medical test either. They told me dont worry you will do them all in KSA anyway. The thing they were worried most about was me having a NOL from my last employer. I Thought something was wrong but it seems each embassy has the freedom to pick and choose what they want to have the applicant do.
AbeCross

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: stool sample:another example of US healthcare lunacy Reply with quote

My doctor ordered a stool sample from the local hospital as part of my recent medical exam. He told them exactly what he wanted and he was given a price of $143 over the phone and told me as I was in his office at the time. I wrote a letter mentioning that figure and gave it to the hospital staff at the time of the test. The bill came today for $337.
I won't pay a dime more than $143.
AbeCross

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: WHO health system ranking 2000 Reply with quote

1. France
18. UK
26. KSA(Surprising, I know!)
30. Canada
37. USA

This ranking is dated, but US health care is much, much more expensive now than in 2000. Costs in other countries have not risen nearly as much.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is because the US health system is totally dedicated to profit... even after overpaying their executives...

VS
uzurisoul

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Visa arrived today!! Razz
cairanya

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmp45 wrote:
The doctor's licence number is all that is required on your medical forms...no need to have it certified! Asking to photocopy the doctor's degree is bogus BS asinine request. It is NOT a requirement of getting your visa.

Sounds strange and odd...but then again maybe not Rolling Eyes

Bump.

This was my understanding as well. Is anyone else still having problems with this? Does anyone know if county stamps/seals work for the physician license?
nomad soul

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cairanya wrote:
cmp45 wrote:
The doctor's licence number is all that is required on your medical forms...no need to have it certified! Asking to photocopy the doctor's degree is bogus BS asinine request. It is NOT a requirement of getting your visa.

This was my understanding as well. Is anyone else still having problems with this? Does anyone know if county stamps/seals work for the physician license?

Not sure why anyone would be having problems with this. Click on the "Document Certification" link under Consular & Travel Services on the embassy's site. The instructions for "4. University Degrees," state the following under "Notes": "Nurses and physicians are required to provide a copy of their practice license and the telephone number for confirmation of the validity of license." Not well-worded but it's clear which target visa applicants (medical professionals) this is referring to and that it's specifically regarding the applicant's submission of academic credentials. This is a matter of carefully reading and following the appropriate instructions.

Anyway, for all employment visa applicants, the Saudi medical report must indicate the attending doc's license number as stated at the bottom of the form. The license number then needs to be verified by the proper governmental agency or medical association with either an ink stamp or seal directly on the med form, or in the absence of a stamp, a signed letter in triplicate. That's it. If you're unsure which entity does this, contact your state regulatory agency to find out.

Last edited by nomad soul on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
uzurisoul

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cairanya wrote:

I didn't have to have it certified but it is required on the medical form. You will need some sort of document stating that the doctor is licensed to practice medicine. My state does not offer the seal but a letter from the Licensing Department worked out just fine.....
cairanya

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nomad soul wrote:
cairanya wrote:
cmp45 wrote:

Not sure why anyone would be having problems with this. Click on the "Document Certification" link under Consular & Travel Services on the embassy's site. The instructions for "4. University Degrees," state the following under "Notes": "Nurses and physicians are required to provide a copy of their practice license and the telephone number for confirmation of the validity of license." Not well-worded but it's clear which target visa applicants (medical professionals) this is referring to and that it's specifically regarding the applicant's submission of academic credentials. This is a matter of carefully reading and following the appropriate instructions.

Anyway, for all employment visa applicants, the Saudi medical report must indicate the attending doc's license number as stated at the bottom of the form. The license number then needs to be verified by the proper governmental agency or medical association with either an ink stamp or seal directly on the med form, or in the absence of a stamp, a signed letter in triplicate. That's it. If you're unsure which entity does this, contact your state regulatory agency to find out.

I'm having issues with it because my state's Department of Health doesn't fulfill these requests and the contact information for the licensing board is outdated. About the best I can do is a certification from my county.
laylow

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Specific tests and Visa agencies Reply with quote

This thread has been very helpful. Can anyone tell me just the specific tests that MUST be completed on the medical form as I have read several people comment that you don't need to do every test on the form? I am an American who just wants to do the minimum necessary.

One specific question: some commented about going to more than one doctor or clinic for their tests. So if the Saudi embassy accepts documents from more than one doctor, will they also accept an applicant giving them the medical paperwork with documentation from different states? In other words, if traveling, could I do some tests in one state and other tests in another state?

Finally can anyone fill me in on agencies such as TravelVISA Pro. Do they provide any other assistance besides getting the documents to the Saudi Embassy? What exactly must I do physically besides the medical evaluation if I choose to use their assistance? Is the cost worth it? THANK YOU for any comments or suggestions.

Thank you in advance for your replies.
cmp45

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the medical...the three main areas that should be completed on the medical are: X-rays, blood, urine, and stool samples.
The list is ridiculously long...but you should try to get as much of what they ask for done...sometimes if you are lucky the doctor will just sign off on some of the ridiculous ones on the list Laughing You will have to take another medical once you arrive anyways. This has been my experience.

Also Nomad Soul is correct that the Physician's medical license needs to be verified and stamped by appropriate authorities. In Canada it is the Surgeon General.

Doing your medical in various states with different doctors??? You are a glutton for punishment! Razz I think this would only complicate matters. I would stick to one doctor and complete the medical at one clinic.

As far as I know most agents only collect and submit your documents (perhaps some may even offer some advice on procedures etc.) but do not know of any visa agent that would help with your medical. I think this is your responsibility.

The first two jobs I had in KSA, I managed the process on my own with plenty of missteps along the way. The third time around, I had to have a visa agent, only because the Saudi Embassy in Canada no longer deals directly with the applicant. By the third time around, I pretty well knew the procedures and had everything in order so wasn't much to do outside taking the medical.

Is it worth the money to have a visa agent? Yes and NO. If you are capable of doing it all on your own, it may seem like a waste of money. If you are not capable, then the visa agent is probably worth it. However, you are still responsible for getting everything verified and stamped, so really visa agents in my estimate are just another layer of bureaucracy. In the end you may not have a choice. Many embassies now require you to submit your application through a visa agent.

If you manage to get through the arduous process give yourself a pat on the back because no one else will.
Grendal

Location: Lurking in the depths of the Faisaliah Tower underground parking.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uzurisoul wrote:
My Visa arrived today!! Razz

Good luck and may The Lord guide and protect you.

Grendal
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: