Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What Germans should not do in america(or britain)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JZer

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Bush administration has fought to keep this amendment. The American people voted for Bush, so many Europeans find this quite disturbing. Please don't patronise us by saying we shouldn't be alarmed, because we are. Of course not ALL Americans voted for Bush, but the MAJORITY did!!!!

Though Europe is not devoid of guns. I know that Switzerland is not in the EU but it is in Europe and they allows guns. I think you are not very wise to include all of Europe in the same breath. If you want to talk about UK then do so but buy including all of Europe you are opening up a can of worms.

Quote:
Recreational shooting is widespread in Switzerland. Practice with weapons is a popular recreation, and is encouraged by the government, particularly for the members of the militia.[6] Swiss firearms-related rights are supported by the organization ProTell.
clovis

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JZer, I am talking about the E.U and Switzerland is not part of the E.U.

Poland is NOW part of the E.U, so has to adhere to some basic E.U laws and principles. They include NO capital punishment and very strict gun laws. A clear divide, in my view anyway, between the E.U and the USA.

Where I live in the UK there are now lots of Poles, infact, not just where I live, but all over the UK. They were more than glad to come here, and Poland was more than glad to join the E.U.

There are also clear differences on the 'Palestinian' issue. I think it is reasonable to conclude that Israel would have been given 'the nod' by the US to launch the attack on Lebanon last summer. The E.U, in my opinion, rightly condemned the attack. Israel can't pick it's own nose without consent from the US. Why do I say that, well, simple really, the US gives over $2 BILLION in defence aid and $0.84 BILLION un economic aid. Not bad, considering Israel has about only 6 million people and has the 16th largest per capita income in the world. I think Israel has a jolly good reason to remain sweet with the US.

Henry_Cowell, you can now also accuse me of being a homophobe, because the last 'guy' who gave me a wink ended up in hospital you faggot Wink
JZer

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
JZer, I am talking about the E.U and Switzerland is not part of the E.U.

Everyone is aware of that. The problem is that sometimes you use the UK, sometimes Europe, and sometimes the EU. It is hard to stick with what you are comparing because you are always changing it.

Quote:
I am itching to debate with Jzer about his views, but this is the the right thread. However, what I will say is this. The World (yes, including us Europeans) was appalled at the Terrorist attacks on the World Trade Centre and the consequential loss of Innocent lifes.

You are mentioning Europeans here and not the EU.

Quote:

You obviously don't feel there is much difference between the USA and Europe (which the UK is part of!!!).

I see Europe being mentioned and not the EU.
Henry_Cowell

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clovis wrote:
Henry_Cowell, you can now also accuse me of being a homophobe, because the last 'guy' who gave me a wink ended up in hospital you *beep*

Yes, you Europeans are definitely more civilised and less violent than Americans.
clovis

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Jzer, just to clarify, I mean the E.U, which pretty much now covers all of Europe. The UK is part of the E.U.

Henry_Cowell, sarcasm does become you ol' bean. Just for your information, if I had really put someone in hospital for winking at me I would have ended up inside.

You really are a clot.
Henry_Cowell

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clovis wrote:
You really are a clot.
On the contrary, my friend. You are the one whose name starts with C + L + O ...

Wink Wink
Deicide

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all about the chavs, don't you get it?
englishgibson

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry_Cowell wrote:
clovis wrote:
You really are a clot.
On the contrary, my friend. You are the one whose name starts with C + L + O ...

Wink Wink
Laughing Laughing Laughing
well, call it a reincarnation of our old fart Henry Laughing Laughing Laughing

by the way, i loved your on line lesson that you gave to someone on a Chinese forum ... too bad it was doomed after your cheese came out Laughing

coming back to the topic, i'd say that germans should not spend their money in america...there're so many lovelier places to go to and spend one's hard earned cash or hard earned trust of banks Wink

peace to herny's air mile points
and
cheers and beers to reincarnations Very Happy
Henry_Cowell

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And cheers to the eminently non-English gibson!
clovis

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry_Cowell, you insist on wanting to appear all 'pally' like. Winking at me and calling me 'my friend'. Get a grip man, I am most certainly no friend of yours.

I've just been reading a news item about the US force feeding hunger strikers in Guantanomo Bay. These people have been locked up now for 5 Years without trial. Surely, as they pose a threat to US security, I would have thought their deaths would have been desirable.

I have a sneaking suspicion it has more to do with seeking 'just retribution', I think that is ol' Dubya's term for it. I call simple revenge.

Anyhow Henry_Cowell, must dash off now a thump some chocolate stabbers such as yourself, winking at me indeed. I'm soon going to a country were they hang people for are such un-natural habits. Good day to you.
clovis

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

* I call it simple revenge
clovis

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn proofreading........* AND thump
Deicide

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn chavs....
Henry_Cowell

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CLOvis, you'll benefit from reading my previous posts on Guantanamo Bay and secret tribunals. You really will.
Deicide

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry_Cowell wrote:
CLOvis, you'll benefit from reading my previous posts on Guantanamo Bay and secret tribunals. You really will.

chavs 'r us
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Germany All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: