Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jubail City Saudi Arabia
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luca

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 11:53 am    Post subject: Jubail City Saudi Arabia Reply with quote

Hi! Smile I just wanted to inform everybody that here in Jubail City or rather called "Bronchitis City" Shocked the place really stinks and the air are polluted Evil or Very Mad because of the oil refinery. the place itself is rather boring plus they invented their own rules and regulations and instead of keeping the staffs happy Very Happy for them to feel like doing them a favor to stay longer and work longer with them they do the opposite things which makes everybody unhappy Crying or Very sad and wanted to leave!!! the housing, work schedules, rules and regulations etc. that they provides are all rubbish!!! Twisted Evil
scot47

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 8:11 am    Post subject: jubail Reply with quote

Do they have a rquirement that English Instructors be able to write coherent and lucid English or is it okay if I write long rambling sentences
like this that no one wants to read ?
luca2003

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: jubail Reply with quote

[quote="scot47"]Do they have a rquirement that English Instructors be able to write coherent and lucid English or is it okay if I write long rambling sentences
like this that no one wants to read ?[/quote]

I don't really work there dear, Cool but I have lots of friends moaning working with them. Surprised and for your information, Smile I could see! sinced I posted this messages, Rolling Eyes lots of people had view it for reasons. Razz this is actually a friendly advice. Wink but if you don't regards it that way, Shocked you are welcome to suffer with "Bronchitis" as we do! Laughing
scot47

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 11:25 am    Post subject: Whinging Jubailis Reply with quote

Sounds like another whinge from the expat wimps in Jubail. Try Hafr Al Batin or Nejran ! After that Jubail will seem like Paradise !
winston

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:37 am    Post subject: air quality Reply with quote

But if we accept the fact that lucca is a whiner and unhappy there, does that mean the air in Jubail is OK?

It is a center of the petrochemical industry and I have doubts about the health of living in the city.

Now don't give me a load of S**** like "Don't come here if you can't take black lung disease."

Who has been to Jubail?
What is the air quality like?
scot47

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 9:13 am    Post subject: jubail Reply with quote

Winston !

It is holiday here. Eid al-Adha or Feast of the Sacrifice. Most foreigners (or "expats" as they usually quaintly call themselves) are out of kingdom.

When things get back to normal next week I will contact some of my lodge brothers up in Jubail and check it out.

Meanwhile enjoy the air in Finland or wherever you are.
cranky

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! Winston, Cool
I agree with you and you are definitely right with the fact what had Luca said. Laughing I live here in Jubail too and my family doesn't seems to agree with the condition of the air here, Crying or Very sad they want to leave, but I'm stuck with my contract here Mad and I guess we just have to put up with that not for long anyway. Rolling Eyes If only this message was here before I apply for a job here, it would have been better. Exclamation but how will we know if we don't experience it? Rolling Eyes I am just glad that Luca actually say something for the other people sake. Very Happy well done! Luca Wink
Albulbul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:33 pm    Post subject: KRANKy ? Reply with quote

Something strange about this post by cranky. And about those other ones with all the emoticons.

Do thes people REALLY work in Jubail ?
cranky

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is strange? Rolling Eyes when I saw the emoticons, I like it too! Very Happy that's why it's are there to be use and they are kind of funny to see them moving, it seems expressing what we are actually saying. Laughing and yes I work here in Jubail too! Crying or Very sad
Paul G

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Something strange about this post by cranky. And about those other ones with all the emoticons.

Do thes people REALLY work in Jubail ?

English teachers - no way. English students - perhaps. Upper intermediate would be my guess.

Last edited by Paul G on Mon Feb 17, 2003 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
johnslat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Paul G,
Mama mia - I hope you're right. I mean, I can understand ( and commit ) a typo every now and then or a few misspellings. But those postings - cranky's in particular - made me feel very sorry for the students if the poster really WAS a teacher. Some of MY students can write better than that.
Regards,
John
winston

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 6:37 am    Post subject: lucca's grammar Reply with quote

Thanks for the info on IP addresses! Very Happy I'll bear it in mind in the future. Evil or Very Mad

I'm not familiar with the kinds of mistakes Saudi students make, Embarassed but my guess is that Lucca is making grammar mistakes on purpose. Twisted Evil to keep his boss and colleagues wondering Confused

I'd say he/she is from US Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad or a woman Shocked because these two groups tend to overuse emoticons Mad
cranky

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for your information! Cool The same IP address can be use by 30 different computers in the same internet Cafe Laughing and No! obviously, Rolling Eyes I'm not a teacher. Razz I already mentioned that before, Shocked but I know a lot of people who live here and I hear their moans all the time. Shocked
johnslat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear cranky,
" I'm not a teacher. I already mentioned that before "
Did you? On this thread? Would you mind pointing out just where? In fact, you mentioned about applying for a job in Jubail, working there and something about a " contract ", all of which might lead a reader to think you were implying that you taught there.
Albulbul

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 10:15 am    Post subject: cranky Reply with quote

John is right. This character (Cranky) is just one of those people who were crazy before coming here. He has probably been pushed over the edge by being unable to function here. Maybe too much sediki ?

Let this be a warning to the flakier EFL teachers that this is what might hap[pen to them if they come here. Stay in Des Moines or Preston !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: