Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

movies in english
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lozwich

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiyas,

I'm posting in the hope that mine will be the one to reach the magic 8 page mark!

James, I think you might be assuming that I'm an American, with that football remark... Have you seen Australian Rules football? Twice as violent as that silly US rubbish, but with absolutely no safety gear whatsoever, and really really really tight shorts... (somebody fetch me my smelling salts!). For the record I prefer soccer type football over the others, AND my weirdo parents used to make me sit up once a year to watch the FA Cup. Rolling Eyes

My favourite U2 song is 'All I want is you'. Makes me completely stop in my tracks that one.

Mouse, you seem a bit out of sorts today, making all kind of self-deprecating remarks about the usefulness of your posts. (Which are entirely unfounded, by the way...) What's wrong Batman??

And anthyp, if you don't stop your bloody gloating about how cheap music, dvds, everything under the sun is in China, I'm going to, well, I'm going to, um, well, I don't know, but just cut it out ok?? Evil or Very Mad For the record I bought an Elefante cd the other night for 20 pesos. And its great and exactly what I wanted. So ner.

L.

Last edited by lozwich on Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
jamesll

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loz, Congratulations, page 8. Is this a record?

Aussie Rules Football: now that's a hell of a sport. It's like rugby with prison rules, not for the faint hearted. I've actually had it on the telly tonight, Geelong v Essendon, some good punch-ups and plenty of nose-bleeds, somewhat reminiscent of Pamplona v Sevilla last week.
As for my most fovouritist U2 song, it will have to be a toss up between Bad and One, I'm not sure which.

As for Welsh boy Mouse person, I thought Mr Prescott would be a source of great pride for the Welsh, up there with the greats: Bevan, George (Lloyd not Boy), Foot, Kinnock, Secombe. Seriously though I have a great fondness for the Welsh, been there many times, fell in love with one from Powys once, until she broke my heart. Sob, sob.

Hooray, I've just had a call from my early morning 1:1 class person and he can't come tomorrow, oh joy, �no tengo que madrugar!, don't you just love it when that happens! I think I'll have another vodka to celebrate.
Catch you later, chicos majos
Jamesie
lozwich

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamesll wrote:
Loz, Congratulations, page 8. Is this a record?

For me it is! YAY!! I won I won I won!! (not quite sure what, but I won!!)

Quote:
Aussie Rules Football: now that's a hell of a sport. It's like rugby with prison rules, not for the faint hearted. I've actually had it on the telly tonight, Geelong v Essendon, some good punch-ups and plenty of nose-bleeds,

Apparently its a lot like that Irish game... curling? hurling?

Who won?? Say Geelong! Can't stand those Essendon nancy boys.. Evil or Very Mad

Lozwich.
jamesll

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're in luck Lozzi (no 'e'), the Bombers bombed!: Geelong 120, Essendon Nancy Boys 97.

Isn't curling something like Crown Green Bowling on ice with a dustpan and brush at the other end? I don't know much about Irish hurling, although I would imagine it would be quite difficult to keep your balance running around on the ice.

Catch you later

Jamesie
SpanishFly

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm comming to Madrid or somewhere soon to do my course and then hopefully teach and I have a DVD store , so when I come I'm the man to cure you of your absolute craving for your latest film fix .
Get on down baby !
lozwich

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject: Crikey! What now??? Reply with quote

Hiyas,

I was going to start a new post for this, but since it relates to the original post, I thought I'd continue here...

So. I GOT THE JOB!!! Wheee!!!! (small person running around her office waving her hands in the air!!!) Laughing

I didn't want to say anything at the time, but while I was buying chocolate in Mexico City, I was also having a job interview, and I got the gig! Whee!! again!

Now, I'm going to Pais Vasco, and apart from full armour plating (that it seems I'll need after reading the posts of the last few days), what else should I bring? Vegemite, of course, but is there anything I absolutely can't live without that I can't get in Spain?

Jamesie, I'm wading through my orientation pack, and the local stupidmarket sells Sharwoods sauces and chutneys (oh happy day!) and TiR, there's a Vietnamese restaurant near the marina, so those angles are covered. But what else?

For women who might be aquainted with this, how are (ahem) the special women's items I might be needing in Spain? Should I bring a few truckloads, or will I be ok?

Ok. That's all now, but YAY! Very Happy

Lozwich.
jamesll

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaixo Lozi,
Well done girl! Good on ya.

Where are you going?
Ahh Euskadi, brings back memories for me: bacalao al pilpil, txakoli, Guipuzcoa, tamborada, Guggenheim, funny hats, funny hair cuts, rain, etc

I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

J
anthyp

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's gotten very quiet in here once again. Shh! Quiet as a - Mouse (cue groans). So what was everybody doing during the Great Dave's Blackout of 2004? I'll re - post this here though it's been asked everywhere else - since nobody else in the Spain forum seems to share our concern for trivial matters.

I seriously put the time to good use, actually getting some work done on my infamous(ly oft - delayed) play. Almost finished now! And I watched a lot of movies, of course. Hey I consider both of those activities to be worthwhile, and at least it helps me stay somewhat on - topic.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
lozwich

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: harumph! Reply with quote

Well, on my part its quiet in here because I'm not speaking to any of you except the Jamester! He's the only one who contratulated me on getting the coveted JOB! Twisted Evil

Ah, you're a fickle bunch o boys who only wanted me for my beers and chocolate, I know that now.. Evil or Very Mad
Olivia

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lozwich....

Spain is not as "pioneer" as people make it out to be. You'll be fully capable of finding EVERYTHING you need. Though it may be a bit more expensive then in North America (I don't know where you call home).

Good luck!

Olivia
Olivia

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lozwich...

check your pm's. i just sent you a message.

thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Spain All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: