Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Final exit checklist
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
siologen

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: re: blackmail Reply with quote

Quote:
so, if your manager sudanese or saudi or egyptian asked you something prior to issuing your final exit or any exit/re-entry visa, give him what he wants.

Baksheesh? or something else?
Leno

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Arab culture, if an arab said, " I like your car/ring/daughter, etc" to another arab, the reply ought to be , "Ok take it, Im at your service, and I also like your car,daughter/sister, too". and business will be done.

But if a non-arab said, "I like your car/daughter, etc", that will be considered as an insult, and the non-arab has an evil eye on the arab's properties".
It is their culture in their bone.

Many posters on this website who say positive things about their employers are unaware that they had given more than they should have, and their employers/managers were happy with them, and that was the reason they had their salaries and mainly easy way out.
scot47

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leno - not my experience at all, but then I only spent 17 years in Saudi.
aliasrachel

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ Mine either. I've only been here three years and I've always been treated fairly by my employer. I've complimented students on their abayas and similar and none of them has thought badly of me for it.
scot47

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I am a weirdo or a puritan ascetic but I NEVER gave a bribe to anyone in Saudi Arabia for anything. Now when I lived in the Balkans, things were different !
sicklyman

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only times I've ever been asked were by a certain Egyptian gentleman I have to deal with from time to time.
revilo

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: So what if the iqama expires in 30 days? Reply with quote

My iqama expires in late June. However, Saudi law requires a final exit visa issued with a 59 day validity.

The problem is, the company hasn't issued me a final exit visa and I'm still waiting for the bonus money to be issued.

Is there anything I need to be concerned about?
I-forgot

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry yet.

They can't issue a final exit visa until you sign a piece of paper saying you have received all monies due to you. If you overstay your visa (because they didn't issue one) they will be fined.

Don't sign anything until you have got everything.
nomad soul

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got time.

Maybe they're waiting for additional documentation on/from you (i.e., proof you have no outstanding debts or obligations). What does HR say about when they'll process your final exit visa?
revilo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject: exit visas are now electronic Reply with quote

would you believe KSA does not issue final exit visas (on paper, that is). My boss told me i'ts electronic.

I looked it up online, and (wow) the MOI says final exit issued. no paper required.
MixtecaMike

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I left in 2015 it was the same. Not being overly confident in the then new paperless visas, it was a relief when the officer banged his stamp in my passport and tossed my iqama carelessly into the pile in the corner of his booth.
Leno

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:33 am    Post subject: Re: exit visas are now electronic Reply with quote

revilo wrote:
would you believe KSA does not issue final exit visas (on paper, that is). My boss told me i'ts electronic.

I looked it up online, and (wow) the MOI says final exit issued. no paper required.

as long as Immigration stamped " exited" in your passport, that would be the proof of your departure from the country.
Since "final exit" is valid for 59 days, but Saudi employers want to play with the expats on salaries and other benefits, and to ban the expat ( for no reason), no expats will ever receive a final exit with 59 days validity. Usually, someone from the company would tell you " tomorrow at noon, we will take you to airport".

Basically, there is a printable hard copy paper version of a final exit or exit/re-entry visa.
scot47

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the final exit with KFUPM on two separate occasions. Both were very smooth without hiccups. Not all employers are bad guys.
nomad soul

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: So what if the iqama expires in 30 days? Reply with quote

revilo wrote:
My iqama expires in late June. However, Saudi law requires a final exit visa issued with a 59 day validity.

That's apparently the case:

60-day grace period for Saudi Final Exit Visas after expat residency permit expires
Arab News | 19 November 2017
Source: http://www.arabnews.com/node/1195806/saudi-arabia

JEDDAH: Official regulations at the Saudi General Directorate of Passports (GDP) have allowed some residents to remain in the Kingdom despite the expiry of their residency permits (Iqama), and despite the end of the relief offered by the "Nation without a Violator" campaign.

The stay of these residents should not exceed 60 days from the date of the issuance of the Final Exit Visa, even if the residency permit itself has expired.

(End of excerpt)
scot47

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your employer is responsible for making sure that you leave the Kingdom. The Ministry of the Interior is efficient and will ensure that you leave.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: