Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

POLYTECHNICAL SCHOOL, no name given, with AMERICAN ACADEMY
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sammysez

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject: MORE INFO POLYTECHNICAL School in Ras tanura Reply with quote

I'm editing and adding additional new info as it comes available.

This appears to be a Polytechnic School in Ras-Tanura, close to Dammam, college prep students 18-21 years of age. The name of the institute is not given. Anyone know? I've tried to find it.

Could this be ITQAN Institute? I can't find any reviews. Student behavior?
leggeymountbatten

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the Heat of the Moment states: "Everyone's saying the salary is low, but it is low only (insulting, even) for permanent, experienced teachers. If a relative newbie wants to 'experience' the Middle East for a short stint and leave with around $13,000* to pay towards student loans or a deposit on an apartment, I wouldn't think it's the worst decision they could make. "

This is the joy of working in a totally unregulated environment. The most appalling terms and conditions are allowed to undercut all and sundry.

There will always be a newcomer! The joy of tefl
SaabFanatic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My contacts in KSA are telling me that this offer is for Saudi Electric Services Polytechnic in Riyadh and Eastern Province. When I worked there a couple of years ago, the salary was 30,000 SAR/month, but without accommodation. American Academy seems to be a local recruitment agency located in Dammam and I believe SESP is their client. I wouldn't work at SESP for any amount of money, much less 10,000 a month. They must really be desperate.
SaabFanatic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In any case, American Academy is recruiting for immediate deployment within the next 5-10 days. Processing a work visa for KSA would take at least a month in the applicant's home country. Unless I'm mistaken, it seems that they would expect the teacher to travel on a business visa, in which case the teacher would essentially be working illegally and would have no access to labor rights. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems very suspicious to me that they expect a teacher to be able to travel to legally work immediately. When I was at SESP, all the South African teachers were working on a business visa, which left them helpless when the company began mistreating its employees. Two South African teachers on a business visa were told by the company to do a visa run to Bahrain, and then were denied re-entry to KSA because the documents from the company were not in order, had to abandon all their belongings in KSA, and then had to go home with the clothes on their back.
Lord T

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The word is out that Whitey will work for peanuts and is prepared to be treated like a dog - the agencies are laughing all the way to the bank.
scot47

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The quality of teachers recruited has fallen since my day ! When I was there only THE BEST went to work in KSA !

I will switch of my irony meter now. KSA has always been a bolthole for those running away from the horrors of life in Europe and America.
siologen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject: re: good points scot47 Reply with quote

Reminds me of a joke I once heard about a lot of the teachers who went to the KSA, from another teacher. Only shady people go to teach in the desert sun! Cool Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: