Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Berlitz Saudi Arabia
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scot47

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 10:13 am    Post subject: noc Reply with quote

Take Stephen's advice. Once you are in the Kingdom, changing employers is not easy. Your existing employer has to give you a "No Objection Certificate" before another employer can hire you. Without that you will be unable to return here to a better, saner employer.
GoLeafs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Scot47,
I would like to make sure I put in the leg work now in finding a good employer so I don't have to worry about switching jobs.
I actually emailed you a about a month or so ago regarding teaching in KSA with my qualifications. You recommended ELS Jeddah. I faxed my resume a few times but never heard back from them - maybe I should take the hint?
I was wondering, do you had a website address or email for someone there? I tried to find one but couldn't?
Thanks.
scot47

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 4:23 pm    Post subject: entry-level jobs in ksa Reply with quote

I gave you the info I had. I am not in Jeddah now and not sure what is going on. Keep trying but my advice about Berlitz is the same.

Last edited by scot47 on Sun Apr 27, 2003 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Mark100

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aramco are desperate for ESL teachers at the moment.
You need a degree plus a TESOL cert plus a few years experience.
I have a list of all the contractors for Aramco and i know which two are the best so if you are interested mail me.
There are many good jobs in Saudi that do not require a masters that pay much better than Berlitz.I can also point you in the direction of other institutions Do need feed these vultures Berlitz.
You would go completely crazy with only 15 days hols in Saudi.
Sunpower

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will also echo previous cautions about getting on with Berlitz.

I would not recommend Korea or Taiwan Berlitz Language Schools. Japan isn't bad if you work in a school that has a union presence and the money in Japan is good if you're from New Zealand or Canada or Australia.

I have direct experience with Berlitz Japan, Korea and am currently in Taiwan working with people who have worked for Berlitz Taiwan.

I strongly caution you to think carefully about accepting any offers from Berlitz in the M.E. Taiwan as well as Korea.

Also, check this out from the Turkey Forum here at Dave's:
http://www.eslcafe.com/forums/job/viewtopic.php?t=1615
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: