Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mokattam city? Any information
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim Bigelow

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks VS....advice def. taken on board! Laughing
wander_lust123

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lived in Mokkatum for one month. This was 4 yrs ago.

I didn't like being so far from the city center. It was difficult to get taxis and often had difficulty getting drivers to agree to take me there. This can be a problem given the wild packs of dogs that run freely around town.

I was also shot in the face with a b.b. gun in the local market and frequently had children following me everywhere and throwing rocks at me.

Coming thru Nasr City you do have to drive thru a dump and the city of the dead to get there. I say.....to each his own....it just wasn't for me.
NWRaft

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haaa!!!! Too funny (edit)! Not that I think you getting shot in the face was funny, but I remember some really taxi horror stories. Was it (edit) whose hair was detained by a taxi driver? How many times were you yelled at by taxi drivers when they found out where you wanted them to go??? I remember we finally figured out that when you got in the taxi if you just emeined and shameled the driver, you'd get most of the way to Moquattam before they figured out how far you were going and they'd take you the rest of the way, but they were pissed! Sounds awful, doesn't it? I was hit by rocks walking home from the market once in Moquattum. What an awful place to live that was. That lasted, what, a month, for most of us? Then a lot of us deserted poor (edit) and moved into Nasr city or other places. This post sounds really negative, but anyone going to Egypt should know that it's an awesome place; everywhere has its bad sections.

(moderator: Names edited out in case individuals mentioned prefer not to be named on a public board. It may be advisable to use PMs to mention individuals by name.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Egypt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: