Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Osama killed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnslat

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mythical Beast,

Would it be halal - that's a tough call. On one hand, cloven hooves are OK, but on the other, the consumption of swine is, of course, totally forbidden.

Besides, owing to the very limited supply, I doubt it would be economically feasible - not to mention the fact that, according to some sources, at least, that supply is currently being employed as fish food.

Regards,
Kosher John
Captain_Fil

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Osama bin Laden was shot in his underwear.

http://dailycaller.com/2011/05/11/inhofe-gruesome-photos-reveal-bin-laden-in-nothing-but-his-underwear-when-shot/

Shocked
johnslat

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Captain_Fil,

Now they'll HAVE TO release the photos so that the ULTIMATE question can be resolved:

BOXERS OR BRIEFS?

I'm betting on boxers.

Regards,
John, in brief(s)

P.S. Or could it be these?

http://images1.cpcache.com/product/where%27s+waldo-where%27s+osama-humor/50392871v1_225x225_Front.jpg
Isla Guapa

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnslat wrote:

Regards,
Kosher John

John, I had no idea you were Jewish Wink ! By the way, I'm Jewish but not kosher.
johnslat

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Isla Guapa,

Heck, go back far enough, we're probably ALL Jewish. Jesus was.

Regards,
John
Kornan DeKobb

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnslat wrote:

Not that I have anything against harmless crazy people; some of my best friends fall into that category, and even I do. Heck, in case you haven't noticed, we're ALL crazy in our own individual ways.

Some of us believe in UFOs and/or that aliens have visited Earth/live among us.
Some of us believe in Bigfoot, the Loch Ness Monster, etc.
Some of us believe in ghosts, demons, and satanic possession.
Some of us believe that Elvis is alive and well.
Some of us believe in an old guy with a long, white beard who sits in heaven on a golden throne.
Some of us . . . .

Some of us believe that an old man living in a cave in the most backward country on the other side of the world and who happened to suffer from renal failure and Marfan's Syndrome, was able to defeat the air defenses of the most militarily sophisticated machine to ever exist on the face of the planet without any inside help; that NORAD's air defenses failed not once but FOUR times in a single day; and that for the first time ever and never since, fire brought down steel-framed skyscrapers...

Yes, John, I agree. Some people are really wacko.
johnslat

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Kornan DeKobb,

One man's wackiness is another's sanity. May you always enjoy your reality.

Regards,
John
Kornan DeKobb

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El Chupacabra wrote:
And some folk believe in crazy cryogenics. Could Osama bin Laden have been pre-killed, then kept on ice until it was expedient to re-kill him?

"The body of frozen Osama was brought to Abbottabad by a helicopter under the most sophisticated and hi-tech operation and taken to the upper storey of the building. A commando immediately sprayed a blood-like solution at his face to establish that the leader of Al-Qaeda was killed on the spot. Exclusive reports and photographs acquired by the Pakistan Observer in the United States establish that the body of Osama bin Laden was transported in a coffin as seen in the accompanying night vision picture during mid-night operation. The Pentagon officials have confirmed that after some time there was a blackout at the compound and minutes later a unit of Navy SEALS staged the killing drama."

Full story is here: http://pakobserver.net/detailnews.asp?id=91692

I don't know about all the subsequent details, but the keeping him on ice sounds about right. In any event, don't take my word for it.

Would you believe Dr. Steve Pieczenik? Read his bio, then watch his interview linked at bottom:

Dr. Steve Pieczenik is one of the world's most experienced international crisis managers and hostage negotiators. His novels are based on his twenty years experience in resolving international crises for four U.S. administrations.

Dr. Pieczenik trained in Psychiatry at Harvard and has both an M.D. from Cornell University Medical College and a Ph.D. in International Relations from M.I.T. He was the first psychiatrist ever to receive a PhD. focusing on international relations. He served as a Deputy Assistant Secretary of State and/or Senior Policy Planner under Secretaries Henry Kissinger, Cyrus Vance, George Schultz and James Baker.

During his career as a senior State Department official, Dr. Pieczenik utilized his unique abilities and expertise to develop strategies and tactics that were instrumental in resolving major conflicts in Asia, the Middle East, Latin America, Europe and the United States.

Dr. Pieczenik was the principal International Crisis Manager and Hostage Negotiator under Secretaries Kissinger and Vance. During this time he developed conflict resolution techniques that were instrumental in saving over five hundred hostages in different terrorist episodes, including the Hanafi Moslem Seizure in Washington, DC, the TWA Croatian Hijacking, the Aldo Moro Kidnapping, the JRA Hijacking, the PLO Hijacking, and many other incidents involving terrorists such as Idi Amin, Muammar Quaddafi, Carlos, FARC, Abu Nidal and Saddam Hussein.

Dr. Pieczenik helped develop negotiation strategies for major U.S.- Soviet arms control summits under the Reagan administration. He was also involved in advising senior officials on important psycho-political dynamics and conflict mediation strategies for President Carter's successful Camp David Peace Conference. In 1991, Dr. Pieczenik was a chief architect of the Cambodian Peace Conference in Paris. He is currently an advisor to the Department of Defense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj0pM5FoYbs&feature=youtu.be
spiral78

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
that NORAD's air defenses failed not once but FOUR times in a single day;

Ok, I'm not touching the Forest of Craziness with a ten-foot pole, but this particular tree, I'I have to take a shot at, as it's total insanity.

My significant other and the majority of our friends and colleagues are Air Traffic Controllers. On 9/11, I was in a place where international ATC is conducted, and was surrounded by controllers in contact with centres all over Europe and North America.

NORAD had no opportunity to play any sort of role in what happened that day. Those were CIVILIAN aircraft, four among thousands in the skies at that moment.

What on earth could NORAD do? Shoot down every passenger plane in the skies?
They were indistinguishable from all the others to authorities, until their last moments.

No, NORAD does not have fighter aircraft within 5 minutes scrambling distance from every bit of airspace on the US East coast (or most anywhere else).

Someone's going WAY overboard on all this stuff.
johnslat

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear spiral78,

Tsk, tsk - I'll repeat it ONE LAST TIME:

You CAN'T reason with the deluded - as I'm sure Mr. DeKobb will agree.

(although, of course, in his opinion, WE'RE the deluded ones.)

Regards,
John
spiral78

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear John:

Thank goodness the controllers aren't among the deluded Very Happy
I'm flying on Sunday.

cau
spiral
Isla Guapa

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiral78 wrote:
Dear John:

Thank goodness the controllers aren't among the deluded Very Happy
I'm flying on Sunday.

cau
spiral

Have a good trip, spiral. May the spirit (of the non-deluded, of course) be with you!
spiral78

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

Dunno about the spirit (though he/she would be very welcome) but the schnauzer will surely be there!!
Isla Guapa

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually meant to write, May the Force be with you. I'm forgetting my Star Wars trivia, along with many other important facts. In any event, may the schnauzer and the spirit and the Force be with you on your flight to wherever you're going Smile !
Captain_Fil

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear John,

Boxers or briefs?

Neither. He was wearing women's panties. Probably, pink.

Obviously, he was planning to flee Pakistan as a woman (dressed in a burqa). He was on the verge of shaving off his beard and putting on makeup with perfume.

Regards,
CF

Very Happy
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: