Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

QEHC is now called QEC?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
desertdawg

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Arenta for the info.
BajaLaJaula

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walt Gomez's experience rings so true. But why should anyone be surprised?

Time and time again, I witnessed the total lack of professionalism with any and all systems or processes that involved Saudis. Theft, insult, deceit, delay all happened on a regular basis. None of it seemed to matter to them because it did not involve them personally. After all, in their minds, these things don't really carry the same weight when applied to a foreigner.

I got tired of having to deal with the undeserved outward expression of superiority that most Saudis exhibited.

Nowhere else in the world have I found so many experts on every subject imaginable with so little experience.

The money to put up with it was just not worth it, in the end.
Makkah

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BajaLaJaula wrote:
Walt Gomez's experience rings so true. But why should anyone be surprised?

Nowhere else in the world have I found so many experts on every subject imaginable with so little experience.

Walking or driving around with not a care in the world when the entire place looks like one big crap****. A total laugh.
scot47

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saudi Arabia looks perfectly "First World" in comparison to some places I have been in !
Makkah

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must have a been a real sucker for punishment in your day.
scot47

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like places that are different. "Punishment" is not how I would describe the 17 years I spent In Saudi Arabia For me "punishment" would be 17 years in Suburbia in US or UK

If you really hate the place, leave.
Makkah

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scot47 wrote:
I "Punishment" is not how I would describe the 17 years I spent In Saudi Arabia For me "punishment" would be 17 years in Suburbia in US or UK

Er....OK. . ahem......please do carry on how you could/might have received punishment in suburbia US or UK, just so we can alll learn. Very Happy
Makkah

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scot47 wrote:

If you really hate the place, leave.

Me...hate the place?. Really?. Not now. What they r paying me to walk around with an Ipad...in a classroom. Some scoring and proctoring . ..all $$. Step in when required....supervisor/coordinator makes a boo boo. ...asked to "polish a blemish" in veiled sense of terms. All done no questions asked...with X days in the pipeline. Totally lovin' it. Total game.

Not finished here until I'm finished milking it for what it's worth to me.

Perfect circus.
Arenta

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

desertdawg wrote:
Thanks Arenta for the info.

You're welcome Smile
Foo_Fighters_Dave

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is still mind boggling to me that teachers take a job with this cowboy outfit. Don't people read the posts on this forum and realize that they and NITII are infamous for screwing teachers?

If I wanted to be a glutton for punishment, I would hire a dominatrix in Thailand.
Mr. Kalgukshi
Mod Team
Mod Team

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Staying on topic and refraining from personal asides would be a very good idea.
Captain Willard

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nomad soul wrote:
Which is why job candidates should get their visa application processed while in their country of residence -- before heading straight to Saudi Arabia. That should have been another red flag. There's no need to stop in Bahrain for a biz visa.

That's not helpful advice, since many Americans prefer not to return to the U.S. (if using the "physical presence test") to legally exclude foreign income from taxation from Uncle Sam. I have never heard of another company getting the "wrong" visa like this, especially since it costs extra and is of dubious legality. Getting business visas in neighboring countries has been quite easy, and for many a welcome holiday from "dry" KSA.
nomad soul wrote:
Here's the 4-1-1 about consultant visas: A consultant visa is difficult to obtain. In fact, it's not even indicated on the Saudi Embassy's (US) visa page. Moreover, employers/sponsors (and not job applicants) determine the type of visa potential workers can be issued per the MOI.

Right, employees in KSA lack what are recognized as basic human rights by most of the rest of the world. Deceiving someone to get a visa that requires an exit visa and permission from the employer is violation of human rights outside of Gulf region. In the Gulf region, it can be legal. Read the U.S. State Dept.'s report on human rights for these countries.

Last edited by Captain Willard on Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Captain Willard

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nomad soul wrote:
I wouldn't rely on the US consulate to explain any Saudi visa to me. Besides, if I ever returned to KSA for work, it would only be via an employment visa and again, as a direct hire.

If anyone gets a visa from QEHC in Bahrain they better be able to read it. By the time someone crosses the bridge into KSA, it will be too late if the "wrong" visa was issued. The best way to work in KSA is with a contract from a Western company and a consultant visa. That way disputes can be litigated outside of KSA with a lawyer without sharia law. I agree with the consulate's advice.
nomad soul wrote:
Anyway, QEHC/QEC has had a reputation for being a stinker since they popped on the scene about 3-4 years ago.

They have quite a reputation, which a prospective teacher ignores at his/her peril.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: