Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Manchester Dil Okullari
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MuscatGary

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inotu-unotme wrote:
MuscatGary wrote:
inotu-unotme wrote:
For the one person thats a fan of this school... He stated, "im saving around 85% of my salary and eating like a king." The statements made by this person are so the opposite of the other comments. With all due respect does this person work for the administration of the school in question?

I hope he or she isn't a teacher after looking at the terrible English in the post.
i
Unnecessary stab... But, I'm sure your well aware of this being the self appointed intellect. Your comment has nothing to do with the original OP comment.

I just believe that English teachers should have command of the language. Call me old-fashioned if you like.
MuscatGary

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MuscatGary wrote:
inotu-unotme wrote:
MuscatGary wrote:
inotu-unotme wrote:
For the one person thats a fan of this school... He stated, "im saving around 85% of my salary and eating like a king." The statements made by this person are so the opposite of the other comments. With all due respect does this person work for the administration of the school in question?

I hope he or she isn't a teacher after looking at the terrible English in the post.
i
Unnecessary stab... But, I'm sure your well aware of this being the self appointed intellect. Your comment has nothing to do with the original OP comment.

I just believe that English teachers should have command of the language. Call me old-fashioned if you like.

By the way it should be 'you're" not your but I suppose it just proves my point.
Redcar24

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:54 pm    Post subject: Stay away from this place (warning to neweachers Reply with quote

For sure the last poster was right!

The management has changed but still has the same abusive manager who has recently hit and pushed a female teacher up against the wall.

The new owner refuses to take responsibility for the abusive manager.

Salary is withheld and partly paid each month as management decides what they want to pay. Teachers are charged any amount the accountant decides to charge on your account for electricity water and internet.

If you complain you are told to leave without salary.

One teacher was being forced to the border of Georgia with a bus ticket and 500 TL no salary just recently.

You are even charged for furniture such as a cupboard to hang your clothes in and the single beds provided are so old and bent. The mattresses are old and torn and possibly have bed bugs in them.

The advert states two meals a day provided by the company but doesn't. This company is not reliable and is not providing work permits. All of the teachers who are not Turkish are told their papers have been filed for work permits but have not.
Redcar24

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome to Pm me I have proof in hand but there are so many posts of negative behavior and salaries cheated go figure!

Sad to say but this school needs to be shut down for good.
sam862010

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serhat and Erdem are up to no good again.

I stupidly accepted an offer to work at Kafkas Uni in Kars.

I was forced to live in a house with no running hot water with temperatures outside in the range of -18 to -33 degrees

In the 2 months i worked there i only received half of the salary i was supposed to get.

Then Erdem who was running the show in Kars disappeared to Istanbul without settling my remaining salary and completely cutting my calls so
i called Serhat who is now based in izmir and recruiting for American Kultur schools.
He proceeded to tell me that if i didn't leave town and the earliest, that he will fly there and have serious words with me which i took as a veiled threat.

I also have a suspicion that they may be Fetullah Gulen supporters as one of their former associates i now in prison due to a purge..
And they don't seem to have bank accounts and all monies of which i recieved were paid in cash.

Just avoid any jobs with Kafkas university in Kars and American Kultur in Izmir.
These guys are bad news.
nichtta

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really sorry about what you went through. Thanks for posting here to warn the rest of us.
cartago

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised they're still able to employ people. I haven't worked in Turkey for years but I was under the impression it's now necessary to secure a work permit before the teacher even arrives in the country and I just can't see them taking the time to do this for someone they're just going to discard after a few months.

Perhaps they're employing people illegally.

I know they sent teachers to work for Gulen schools but that was not unusual and I don't think they were part of the movement itself.
sam862010

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They can't employ people anymore so they just act as middle men then collect your salary on your behalf, loot most of it and give you the change.

If you complain, Serhat gives you the mafia treatment and threatens to drive you out of town.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Turkey All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: