Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TBI The Boston Institute
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bradleycooper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest news is that TBI (The British Institute) has finally scraped together enough money to rent a new premises in Malang! There has been no TBI in Malang since TBI's former joint-partner broke the contract due to unethical practices last year. Typical for TBI, a smear campaign including unsubstantiated allegations of criminal conduct have been made against the manager. The school changed its name to The Boston Institute and continued operating. In the fallout from that stuff up, the TBI Director herself was removed. This was a long overdue change.

For the past 7 months there has been no TBI (British Institute) in Malang. All their previous business partners, including a tobacco giant, had dumped them, so it was presumed they would not venture back into Malang. But they are now opening a small school in the town after this year's Idul Fitri celebrations. We will see if they fare any better on their second attempt.
princesss

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jef dam wrote:
No anger here, Bradleycooper. No need to be so defensive about your intentions. I was pointing out that if it is an advertisement it's pretty poor as the post mostly focuses on slagging off The Boston Institute's former parent company. Also, I'm pretty sure that this websites main revenue stream is paid job advertisements, so you might run afoul of the board admin, if it were an advert, of course.

If Jef Dam cared so much about Dave's revenue stream from advertising, why has he been approaching people via Private Messages to provide them with contact details of schools that aren't Dave's clients?

Is you providing contact details of schools not advertising on Dave's an advert? I'm sure, as always, you will have a reason why it's different and not serious when you do it!
memae

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bradleycooper wrote:

We will see if they fare any better on their second attempt.

Oh gosh, and Malang is so lovely it might even be worth being their guinea pig to see if it does pan out better this time around.

i dodged a bullet with one of the yucky TBIs when i first came to Indonesia and ended up at a good EF (and one of the better paying ones) because no one communicates over Christmas and EF got onto me first.
princesss

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

memae wrote:
I dodged a bullet with one of the yucky TBIs when i first came to Indonesia and ended up at a good EF (and one of the better paying ones) because no one communicates over Christmas and EF got onto me first.

EF are more professional with recruitment and most other matters than The "British" Institute. For all their faults EF do at least want teachers. TBI are infamous for poor communicaton and insincere apologies. Also they never invest in the business. Really they are just one of a hundred cheapo schools with CD players, whiteboards and copies of Cutting Edge. Very tired and dated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: