Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

most complete on-line school list in universe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Online Teaching Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teacher in Rome

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point I'm confused.

If pay / conditions information is posted on a public forum (ie a website) why is it unethical to repost it here? After all, it's already in the public domain.

So why can Santi state what Talk to Canada offers its teachers, but someone else not state what Open English or an individual in Greece offers?

And why can't you post contact info for a school, who presumably wants to find teachers or keep a list of potential teachers?

Maybe I have misunderstood the way the thread is developing, but I'm finding the overall contributions informative and useful. It's interesting to see who offers what and where, what the options might be for teachers interested in starting to teach online...

I might also add that whether we like it or not, education provision is changing. The role of teacher and learner is changing. And on the internet, nothing is closed and private. We can only really "survive and thrive" if we operate in shared, trusting access to information and opinion.
santi84

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify, I have no idea what TalktoCanada actually offers teachers in terms of pay, I might have been confused with someone else. I was interested, but found that I was unable to commit to their availability requirement and that was the end of my discussion with them. We never spoke about financial compensation.

(I think it was LongShiKong)
inotu-unotme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teacher in Rome wrote:
At this point I'm confused.

If pay / conditions information is posted on a public forum (ie a website) why is it unethical to repost it here? After all, it's already in the public domain.

So why can Santi state what Talk to Canada offers its teachers, but someone else not state what Open English or an individual in Greece offers?

And why can't you post contact info for a school, who presumably wants to find teachers or keep a list of potential teachers?

Maybe I have misunderstood the way the thread is developing, but I'm finding the overall contributions informative and useful. It's interesting to see who offers what and where, what the options might be for teachers interested in starting to teach online...

I might also add that whether we like it or not, education provision is changing. The role of teacher and learner is changing. And on the internet, nothing is closed and private. We can only really "survive and thrive" if we operate in shared, trusting access to information and opinion.

Thank you for all of your points and for stating the exchange of information is positive.
JesseCarlos1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Hiring season Reply with quote

BadBeagleBad wrote:
santi84 wrote:
You are welcome! Smile

With Open English you are required to work a minimum of 15 hours a week, with more hours almost always being available. The exception would be from late November till early December, as the student population drops because most people in Latin America (which is the target market) have lots of vacation time and there are lots of different things going on.

So do you know when is OpenEnglish's hiring period/season?
BadBeagleBad

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Hiring season Reply with quote

JesseCarlos1 wrote:
BadBeagleBad wrote:
santi84 wrote:
You are welcome! Smile

With Open English you are required to work a minimum of 15 hours a week, with more hours almost always being available. The exception would be from late November till early December, as the student population drops because most people in Latin America (which is the target market) have lots of vacation time and there are lots of different things going on.

Open English doesn't hire, they contract independent contractors and it is ongoing with new teachers coming on at pretty regular intervals throughout the year, depending on student growth.
JesseCarlos1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Re: Hiring season Reply with quote

BadBeagleBad wrote:
JesseCarlos1 wrote:
BadBeagleBad wrote:
santi84 wrote:
You are welcome! Smile

Open English doesn't hire, they contract independent contractors and it is ongoing with new teachers coming on at pretty regular intervals throughout the year, depending on student growth.

THANKS FOR THE FAST REPLY!
Gummy Bear

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unbelievable... I just learned there are 39, 489 schools in China and of these only 21,743 are properly licensed and registered with the government and 5% of them will close every year and roughly another 800 will open every year! What the hell is going on in China!?!?
Landon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody know what OpenEnglish pays per hour? Or per teaching lesson? The site doesn't say. Is it $10?
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's about ten per hour. I know that some people on the Mexican forum were working for them.
mikeisgood

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we still updating the list?

Learnship
https://www.learnship.de/pressebereich

ISUS
http://www.ispeakuspeak.com/en/home

Does anyone know when is the best time to apply, I am guessing that now it would be best to wait until January.
BadBeagleBad

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikeisgood wrote:
Are we still updating the list?

Learnship
https://www.learnship.de/pressebereich

ISUS
http://www.ispeakuspeak.com/en/home

Does anyone know when is the best time to apply, I am guessing that now it would be best to wait until January.

I would think that would depend no where the school is based. In Latin America the slow period is coming. In Mexico, at least, not a lot happens from late November/early December through January. I would suspect the same is true of European countries with large Catholic populations. In Asia it might be different. I have also seen schools based in Russia, so might be different there too.
mikeisgood

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point, it definitely depends on where your students are. Here in Argentina everything is basically stopped from December until February/March.
mikeisgood

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOI English
http://www.skypeenglishclasses.com/

I created an updated list here: http://www.goodairlanguage.com/teaching-english-online/teaching-online-companies/
minguskhan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:15 pm    Post subject: Has anyone heard of the company... Reply with quote

Topica? They are located in Vietnam. Are they legit?
MotherF

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone is currently working for LianLian out of China.
If so would you we willing to answer some questions either here or in a pm?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Online Teaching Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: