Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Here we go...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Colombia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robertokun

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:41 am    Post subject: Here we go... Reply with quote

Hola Colombia Vets,

I wanted to pop in with a question for you.

In short, I have an M.A. TESOL, am K-12 state certified, have about seven years teaching experience with about four abroad, and speak fluent Spanish...

... and yet I have no idea how to find a job in Colombia. My aim is to work in Bogota at a private university or a well regarded and organized place like the Centro Colombo-Americano. However, my searches and attempts to contact people from abroad have proven fruitless. I'm just curious, what's a guy like me to do? Feel free to PM me if you prefer.

Thanks
The Internationalist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: Here we go... Reply with quote

robertokun wrote:
Hola Colombia Vets,

I wanted to pop in with a question for you.

In short, I have an M.A. TESOL, am K-12 state certified, have about seven years teaching experience with about four abroad, and speak fluent Spanish...

... and yet I have no idea how to find a job in Colombia. My aim is to work in Bogota at a private university or a well regarded and organized place like the Centro Colombo-Americano. However, my searches and attempts to contact people from abroad have proven fruitless. I'm just curious, what's a guy like me to do? Feel free to PM me if you prefer.

Thanks

Google is your friend.

With that said ill go ahead and tell you.

International School Job Fairs

International School Agencies (Placement & Directories)

As for Universities, you need to be on the ground and with connections.

Uni Norte hires people from abroad I believe.
robertokun

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Internationalist,

Could you be more specific? For example, do you know of specific international school job fairs in the States where Colombian schools go to recruit teachers? Do you know and agencies which recruit for and place teachers in Colombia?

I will go ahead and search that as well, though Google and I aren't really good friends. He usually gives me general, outdated, or non-relevant data and I find myself wading through lots of junk content. I find it very helpful when people can drop realtime specific data on me. Hence, coming here. If you have some hot tips that you don't want floating around, please feel free to PM.
travelNick

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try www.computrabajo.com

If your Spanish is good, you could try calling university reception and asking for information about who to send your CV to.

I would also qualify your phrase "organised" with "relatively" Smile

The BC are doing a big hiring push right now for senior staff and project managers.

My experience is that unless you're on the ground, the only way you would find a university position is through a formal application process i.e. solicited applications.
The Internationalist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

robertokun wrote:
Internationalist,

Could you be more specific? For example, do you know of specific international school job fairs in the States where Colombian schools go to recruit teachers? Do you know and agencies which recruit for and place teachers in Colombia?

I will go ahead and search that as well, though Google and I aren't really good friends. He usually gives me general, outdated, or non-relevant data and I find myself wading through lots of junk content. I find it very helpful when people can drop realtime specific data on me. Hence, coming here. If you have some hot tips that you don't want floating around, please feel free to PM.

I know plenty. Most all job fairs attract schools from all over the world.

Everything you want to know is here. The forum you should have been on to begin with.

http://internationalschoolsreview.com/v-web/bulletin/bb/viewforum.php?f=1&sid=edf4a733781906c04bfc847c8d0e9dc9
robertokun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips, guys. I'll have a look at ISR. I looked in to BC, but they don't accept anyone without a CELTA, regardless of an M.A. TESOL or whatever else you might have.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Colombia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: