Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teachers in Rome!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ash1008

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Teachers in Rome! Reply with quote

I'm going to work for Angloamerican in Rome. Are there any other teachers from there on here?

Also, where would one start to look for accommodation there? Are there any decent websites to look out for?
Wiganesi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm not a teacher in Rome but I have lived there in the past.

Apart from a few sites you've probably seen already; Immobilare.it and mioaffito.it the main wesbite for finding just about anything in Rome is http://www.portaportese.it/ .

Your school is pretty close to termini by the looks of things, which is a mixed blessing.

I lived in Trastevere, an absolutely beautiful area of Rome with an easy bus (Linea H) or Tram then bus (not as hard as it sounds) connection to Termini. Takes like 15 minutes and is pretty reliable. Loads of cheap but delicious restaurants and bars about; although it has got kind of touristy as of late so you need to be careful!

Cheaper, kind of central areas include Testaccio and San Lorenzo. Although I wouldn't necessarily recommend the latter.

Hope this helps, enjoy Rome. It's a pain in the arse but still my favourite city in the world, and when you live there it just gets better and better. I would absolutely love to live there myself; but with my lack of experience that's unlikely!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Italy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: