Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MA TESOL DISTANCE TRANSCRIPT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Middle East Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
public enemy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: MA TESOL DISTANCE TRANSCRIPT Reply with quote

I am looking to begin an MA TESOL through DL

One of the universities in the UK have told me that although the MA cert will not show that it was studied through DL, the transcript WILL.

My question therefore is: Do employers in Saudi/The Gulf ever ask for the transcript or only the MA certificate?
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, many of them do... certainly the best/savviest employers who want actual verification of an applicant's education do, as a certificate can pretty easily be faked.

As to the acceptability of a distance or online MA, it depends on the country. Saudi doesn't like them, Oman will accept most of them, in the UAE it depends on the Ministry (Higher Ed does), and not sure about Qatar or Kuwait.

Of course, since you are a year or two from applying, better to ask this question then.

VS
nomad soul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Saudi Arabia, you'll need to provide official transcripts to the Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission as well as disclose whether your degree program was completed online or onsite. (This refers to Americans but is likely the same for applicants in the UK.) See "New Requirement for Anyone Seeking a Saudi Visa" (http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?t=103292).
public enemy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the replies/ actually i have been accepted for 3 unis in the uk to start this month/ the dilemma is basically:

university sunderland offers MA TESOL in only 18 months but is only one that says it does mention DL on transcript

university of portsmouth/ sheffield takes 2 years but no mention of DL on either cert or transcript

i want to complete asap so was leaning for sunderland but transcript issue has me having second thoughts

oh....and portsmouth is almost 1500 GBP cheaper
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Middle East Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: