Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IELTS examiner certification
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bograt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard of the BC discriminating in favour of Brits with regards to IELTs. It's called the 'International' English Language test for a reason. If they said they were my only conclusion is it had something to do with paperwork. E.g. I heard the BC in some countries favour Australians and New Zealanders as their criminal record checks arrive quicker.

Quote:
15$ / head speaking
15$ / script

I never heard of a place where they pay the same for scripts and speaking tests either. You can only do 3 speaking tests an hour, whereas you can do a lot more written tests, even if you stick to the imposed time limit.
theoriginalprankster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I would actually like to test weekly but the examiners here complain if they get more than 10 candidates

I fondly remember the days when I examined up to 160 candidates over four days (Thu-Sun).

I was a shell of a human on Sunday evenings on the flight/train home, and it took me one or two days to go from zombie to human again.

I miss it SO MUCH! Not. I do miss the third income stream though.
piglet44

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So having driven me mad with all the paperwork the IELTS centre here doesn't want me to do the training course (which I have actually done before) because I am going back to China in March.They are soooo annoying.
bograt

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I fondly remember the days when I examined up to 160 candidates over four days (Thu-Sun).

You sure about that? You're supposed to examine 3 candidates an hour and with regulation breaks that would come to around 14 hours of testing a day. For four days on the run? Not saying I don't believe you but if it's true I'm pretty sure some organisation or other was breaking IELTS regulations with a schedule like that.
theoriginalprankster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bograt wrote:
Quote:

You sure about that? You're supposed to examine 3 candidates an hour and with regulation breaks that would come to around 14 hours of testing a day. For four days on the run? Not saying I don't believe you but if it's true I'm pretty sure some organisation or other was breaking IELTS regulations with a schedule like that.

My bad. Thursday lunchtime through Sunday evening. Two different test centres. About 40 at each centre over two days.

Good thing I don't teach mathematics, eh!

Anyway, more than enough to scramble my brains.

And believe it or not, there are guys who lap this work up. They'll do up to eight tests/month plus writing and second marking. IELTS machines.
abigolblackman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got my first check and both the scripts and speaki were paid at 15. But we don't get many scripts in th first place. I always test more people in speaking than I get in scripts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15

Jump to: