Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wall St part time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hatcher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:43 am    Post subject: Wall St part time Reply with quote

Has anyone worked here on a part time basis.

How is it?

How the salary?
abigolblackman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Premade lessons provided for almost every class although you will have to make 1-4 lessons per week for their English corners.

For part time, you have the option of a 25 hour or 15 hour contract.

25 hours: 10,000 RMB Net
15 hours: 6500 RMB Net

Business dress required.

Part of you pay is put away for pension which is nice to collect upon departure. Taxes are kind of a bi-0tch.

This is a business in every sense of the modern connotation of the word. You are expect to tow the line, feel grateful for having a position with the company, and ask for another when they whip you up. Students will complain for irrational reasons and the company will always take their side. Yif you can lock down something else on the side the gig ain't bad but don't expect them to care about your schedule in case you have hobbies and the like. Perfect jobs for smoes who want an easy grind and like to drink after work and wake up late with little to no responsibility. Also a nice market for folks looking to network for late night activities. Even when you're part time you spend all your time there and students do too so in such close proximity something is bound to happen and does. I don't know anyone who hasn't.

Hope that answers your questions. This same info applies to a kingdom the the East of China but the pay is noticenly higher and there's more eye candy. Also less hours and pay is actually somewhat based on experience.
coldcucumber

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

abigolblackman wrote:
Premade lessons provided for almost every class although you will have to make 1-4 lessons per week for their English corners.

For part time, you have the option of a 25 hour or 15 hour contract.

25 hours: 10,000 RMB Net
15 hours: 6500 RMB Net

Business dress required.

Part of you pay is put away for pension which is nice to collect upon departure. Taxes are kind of a bi-0tch.

This is a business in every sense of the modern connotation of the word. You are expect to tow the line, feel grateful for having a position with the company, and ask for another when they whip you up. Students will complain for irrational reasons and the company will always take their side. Yif you can lock down something else on the side the gig ain't bad but don't expect them to care about your schedule in case you have hobbies and the like. Perfect jobs for smoes who want an easy grind and like to drink after work and wake up late with little to no responsibility. Also a nice market for folks looking to network for late night activities. Even when you're part time you spend all your time there and students do too so in such close proximity something is bound to happen and does. I don't know anyone who hasn't.

Hope that answers your questions. This same info applies to a kingdom the the East of China but the pay is noticenly higher and there's more eye candy. Also less hours and pay is actually somewhat based on experience.

That pay is quite a bit low for WallStreet English. Expect at least 15-20 000 from such an outfit, and you'd be much closer to a good wage.
abigolblackman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if you are agreeing or disagreeing with me. What I posted was net pay, not gross. Even at gross it would be 12,000 and 9000RMB respectively.

I do agree with you that the pay in quite low but like I said, that's part time pay. Full time pay is 16000 gross, 13500 net. I don't know which similar outfits your are referring too but if you can name a company that is comparable to WSE in terms of clear cut work visa policies, premade lessons, timely payments, health, and pension, then list them for all the newbies to see. Won't benefit me, I already left china.

I'm actually not advocating for anyone to work for or not to work for WSE. It's stable. That's gotta count for something to someone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: