Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

border runs, etc.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sirens of Cyprus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: border runs, etc. Reply with quote

As I understand it, the official rule is that American citizens are allowed to stay in Ukraine for 90 days without a visa, then must leave for 90 days before being allowed back in for another 90 days, etc. Except that the 90 days OUTSIDE Ukraine is not enforced, so after your 90 days in, you need only leave for a day and will be allowed right back in. It's the 90 day INSIDE that is enforced, so that if you exceed 90 days in, you will have to pay a $100 fine to get out. And that's it. You will still be allowed to turn around and come right back in. Correct?
1Sapphire1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you have said is correct but it can change at anytime.
I have never been questioned about coming back in before 90 days out at the airport but I was once when taking a bus to Moldova, (this was on the way out-they were counting the days in for a 180 day period). I pretended I didn't understand them (they didn't have an English speaker on this day) and they just let it slide. I have done MANY border runs to Moldova and it is always stressful coming back after 1 day out. They did question me once coming back in but what they said didn't make sense. They said I could come back in but I had to leave after xx days. The next time out it wasn't an issue. I overstayed once and paid a fine of about $40, (bus to Moldova). I did this even though I was taking a plane out a week or so later because I wanted to clear it up before the airport. I was told the paperwork could take 3 to 4 hours. It actually took 1.5. If this happened at the airport; I could have missed my flight. I have NEVER been questioned in/out on a train.
ecocks

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As above, many people do this and get away with it.

I have had my time counted at the airport and at the train border crossing (Przemsyl- sp?).

There have been people who were caught and refused re-entry. It is simpler though to just get yourself invited (get a girlfriend or trusted resident) and have them invite you as their guest at their address.

This isn't a work permit, you'll still be working under the table but eliminates the need for border runs. You'll be told to buy insurance for a hundred bucks or so (unless it has gone up) and you have to repeat the process quarterly or annually.

While you may be taking trips outside the country for vacations anyway, you have to judge whether it is better to head towards legitimate residency or risk being denied re-entry.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
dudeteacher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecocks wrote:
As above, many people do this and get away with it.

I have had my time counted at the airport and at the train border crossing (Przemsyl- sp?).

There have been people who were caught and refused re-entry. It is simpler though to just get yourself invited (get a girlfriend or trusted resident) and have them invite you as their guest at their address.

This isn't a work permit, you'll still be working under the table but eliminates the need for border runs. You'll be told to buy insurance for a hundred bucks or so (unless it has gone up) and you have to repeat the process quarterly or annually.

While you may be taking trips outside the country for vacations anyway, you have to judge whether it is better to head towards legitimate residency or risk being denied re-entry.

How easy is it to get a residence visa and can you apply from within the country:

I live in Istanbul where getting the Res. Visa from within Turkey has been very easy for the last decade and more.

Dude
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Ukraine All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: