Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Haute Savoie - Geneva

View previous topic :: View next topic  
go2guy

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 9:45 pm    Post subject: Haute Savoie - Geneva Reply with quote

Hey folks,

Moving back to France this fall and looking at the Chambery-Annecy-Geneva area. Just curious to know if anyone has had any experience with language schools or ecoles superieures in the area? Also, has anyone had experience working as an "EU-frontalier" or otherwise in Switzerland? I have a hit list of schools in the area to which I will apply (once on the ground, that is, because I know in France they won't take you seriously until they actually see you, even though in my case I have solid experience in 2 other cities over there). I know I will get work but it would be nice to know if anyone has had any dealings with schools in the area. "Why this area?", you ask?! Well, in a previous life I coached ice hockey not far away, in Morzine. Now I just play for fun and, aside from being a delightful area in which to live, there are a plethora of ice rinks (with oldtimer teams) around these places where old go2guy can get his ice-kicks. Thanks!
go2guy

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess not, eh! Too far off the beaten track for most reading these posts??!! For anyone wishing to know, check back with me in a few months & I'll have the lowdown on this area. Wish me luck at least, won't you!!

A bientot Very Happy
Healer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go luck!
Healer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck!
go2guy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Healer. I'm leaving at the end of August. Have sent my CV in advance to several schools in the area, and have generally received what I expected to hear: "CV Looks great, give us a call when you get here, we hire on an as-need basis...". But I have also had two very interesting responses, involving potential full-time situations. In order not to jinx either of them at this point I won't elaborate, but promising stuff nonetheless. Backs up what I've said in other threads in the France forum, that Paris isn't THE be-all-end-all for working in France. Stay tuned!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> France All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: