Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Current State of the Ukraine
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wangdaning

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russians at the border, Russians inside, Kerry knows dialects, no one knows why?
wonderingjoesmith

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear john,

Coexistence seems to be the most difficult assignment ever on Earth.

johnslat wrote:
"So, what got us to who we are today will probably not matter very soon unfortunately."

Sorry to hear that, but your use of "us" is a bit presumptuous. While it may not matter to you, it does to me.
Our parents and grandparents that we may remember have worked hard; after all the tireless effort to come to the point where we become the losers for our silly leaders' decisions is heartbreaking to say the least. So, what’s substantial to you or to me must be as material to the rest of the world.

Western powers put down non-negotiable and superficial policies which landed Kiev in catch 22; the Ukraine and Russia have nothing to work out, to agree to. The economic sanctions against Russia are soon to backfire in the backyards that our previous generations labored on. Have you voted for that?

Respectfully yours
Joe
wonderingjoesmith

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The government that had orchestrated unrests and got such a support from the west before it overthrew the legally elected president Yanukovich says
Quote:
Ukraine says Odessa unrest planned and financed from abroad

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/05/03/us-ukraine-crisis-interference-idUSBREA4203P20140503
Although the Russian liberators are on their way to Eastern Ukraine, I fear the worst; the western liberators. I'll sleep tight tonight and hope for only one saving force to come.
johnslat

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear wonderingjoesmith,

Reminds me of Lenin:

"April: the German government helps the Bolshevik leader Lenin return to Russia. He publishes the 'April Theses', offering people: 'Peace, bread, land', and proclaims: All power to the Soviets'. Though historians disagree about specifics, they concur that the government of Germany deliberately facilitated Lenin’s return to his homeland in the spring of 1917. Without question, the German leadership did so with the intent of destabilizing Russia. The Germans provided Lenin with a guarded train that took him as far as the Baltic coast, from which he traveled by boat to Sweden, then on to Russia by train. There is also evidence that Germany funded the Bolshevik Party, though historians disagree over how much money they actually contributed."

Regards,
John

Regards,
John
wonderingjoesmith

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear John,

V I Lenin had followed neither his nation's politicians nor their ideology before he got to Czar but some others such as Marx or Engels. Guess where those people where from?

However, I see your point and I agree that without the outside influence who knows where Russia would have been today.

What has powered the Ukrainian revolution is the modern way to make an impact; bribery at the highest levels where the opposition to the legally elected authorities is corrupted.

With such a dishonesty the financial institutions like the Swiss bank, which has just frozen 200 million Swiss Francs in the Ukrainian assets, will further undermine the coexistence on Earth.

Respectfully yours,
Joe
Sirens of Cyprus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Obama Has Signed the Ukraine Freedom Support Act. So What? Reply with quote

http://americaninkyiv.blogspot.com/
scot47

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that blog makes John Birch look like a pinko !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: