Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Assumption

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bule_boy69

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:52 am    Post subject: Assumption Reply with quote

Anyone got any recentish info on Assumption College?

In particular, interested to hear about the newest campus that's thirty or so KM outa town.

Thanks
Hermosillo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some kind of religious affiliation. Years ago, the campus in Sathorn hired a bunch of teachers at 70k..then decided to only pay them 34k. Probably not much more than that, now. I would avoid. However, if they can show a contract that is reasonable, and can take care of paperwork...consider it. First thing is visa, then working hours...0730-1700? Nope.
oxfordstu

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I worked there a few years ago. Avoid it like the plague. It is a horrible institution where 5 evil HR women control everything. You are made to let kids pass no matter what grades they actually earn. There have been a few scandals as well in the past few years.
AbeCross

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:26 am    Post subject: Which Assumption? Reply with quote

Is this about Assumption College or Assumption University? I believe the former is K-12 and the latter is for university students.
Hermosillo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe this is about the K-12. The OP stated "college," which means k-12 in Thailand.
bule_boy69

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hermosillo wrote:
I believe this is about the K-12. The OP stated "college," which means k-12 in Thailand.

Correct.

Although originally was after info on jobs at the new campus, any info on either appreciated.

I mean direct hire not through Bell.
AsiaMinor

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll have to go through Bell.

"Bell is recruiting for experienced EFL teachers to join our partnership English programme at Assumption College, Bangrak in Bangkok starting in May 2018.

Salary range between 50,000 - 66,000 THB per month (depending on qualifications and experience)
"

Other campuses in Bangkok and the provinces are direct hire.
Expect between 30,000 - 45,000 baht pm.

If you're determined to work with the Brothers of Christian Instruction of St. Gabriel, then I would recommend only Assumption College, Bangrak - Monfort College, Chiang Mai - St. Gabriels College, Bangkok. Some of the brightest students in town and it would look fairly decent on your resume.

Forget the other locations! I made a huge mistake. Awful textbooks used throughout the group. They were published in-house and then charged at an inflated rate. It was their Indian affiliation i believe who wrote and designed these textbooks. And yes, scandals abound with the Brothers...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: