Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CHINESE Criminal Record Check - How To get one?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Firearcher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: CHINESE Criminal Record Check - How To get one? Reply with quote

I live in Guangdong province. I need a Chinese Criminal Record Check. Where do I get one? I have gone to 3 Notary Offices and 4 Police Stations, spoken with supervisors and people in very high positions and nobody will issue one because I am foreign.

The Police say go to the Notary and the Notary says go to the Police. Neither will issue it. I have a zillion documents, all are correct. They simply refuse to do it. Where does a foreign person obtain one?
wangdaning

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be the police station.
water rat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you from? All the the immigration office staff need to see is an official-looking document with an official-looking stamp on it, preferably with a raised seal, but anything authentic will do. I've lived abroad for decades, but when I needed a criminal record check, I went to the American city police HQ where I currently then resided (I am an American), filled out a request form, paid 85 cents and got a document that said (truly) that I never committed a crime during my residence in that city (or hadn't been caught!) It did not specify how long I had lived there, and the Chinese immigration staff, overworked and underpaid and not giving a graham cracker damn, never thought to consider that question or inquire into it further.

Since you're already living in Guandong, I would have thought you had had a criminal record check before coming to China, but whatever. If you are American, you can apply to the FBI, but they take weeks or months. Best get someone who knows how (like your local police officers) to fingerprint you, send that to your hometown, wherever that may be, or the city in your home country you have lived in most recently and ask for a 'rap sheet', as they're called, from city hall/police HQ. I am sure you've no police record at all. The rap sheet will reflect that, and you're on your way to TEFL prosperity in the Middle Kingdom.
wangdaning

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They want the check from the Chinese police.

I think you need to go where you are registered as residing. I remember the first time when I moved off campus they asked me about this, as well as telling me they could fine me for not telling them for 6 months I was living at my place. I kind of ignored the sh t, but they seemed and still seem nice enough. Local police station, ask for a note of no wrong doing.
Firearcher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need a CHINESE CRC. It has been requested by Canada's government.

We went to the police who referred us to the Notary. the Notary sent us to another police station. That station sent us to the police station where we were registered. They refused to do it because we had not been in China long enough. So we waited a month and went back. Filled out the paper work and was told to wait 1 week. 1 week later we went back. It had gone up the chain of command, nobody would assume responsibility for issuing one , reached the "top dog' and was finally rejected. We were sent to a 2nd notary. That notary sent us to the main office. They refused to do it and I was taken upstairs to the executive office where the big cheese work. They said it was not their job and sent us back to the police station where we started in the first place. So we went back to PS #1 but they again refused. we spoke with a supervisor and they told us to go to the Notary.

You see the problem? Who the hell does this in China?
wangdaning

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firearcher wrote:
We need a CHINESE CRC. It has been requested by Canada's government.

We went to the police who referred us to the Notary. the Notary sent us to another police station. That station sent us to the police station where we were registered. They refused to do it because we had not been in China long enough. So we waited a month and went back. Filled out the paper work and was told to wait 1 week. 1 week later we went back. It had gone up the chain of command, nobody would assume responsibility for issuing one , reached the "top dog' and was finally rejected. We were sent to a 2nd notary. That notary sent us to the main office. They refused to do it and I was taken upstairs to the executive office where the big cheese work. They said it was not their job and sent us back to the police station where we started in the first place. So we went back to PS #1 but they again refused. we spoke with a supervisor and they told us to go to the Notary.

You see the problem? Who the hell does this in China?

Did you ask nicely? Sending you to a notary without a document. What can the notary do with nothing?

Maybe ask your government to tell you what they want. I know it might seem unhelpful, but I am trying to help.
BleedingBlue

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been discussed (asked AND ANSWERED) time and time again in just the past few months. ugggggggg
Firearcher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I asked very nicely. The police said the notary does it and sent me there without anything. I realize how crazy that sounds but that is what they all said. If this has been discussed before can you tell me what the answer is?
water rat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BleedingBlue wrote:
This has been discussed (asked AND ANSWERED) time and time again in just the past few months. ugggggggg
Then refer the OP to the appropriate thread, fool. Don't just mitch and bone about it. You really are perfectly useless. We have all discussed what a dick you are many times before under your various banned pseudonyms, but I don't see you complaining about that. And learn how to spell 'ugh', why don't you.

Last edited by water rat on Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Babala

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got one about 4 months ago. You go to the notary and request a form for a criminal record check. They fill out the top part which is just your name, address and passport number. There is no fee. You then take that form to the police station where you are registered and they will fill out the rest and stamp it. Again, no fee.

I think it will help if you guide them through the process.
Firearcher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:28 am    Post subject: Sigh Reply with quote

I went to the Notary. In fact I went to 3 Notary's and NOBODY would give me a form, help me or issue one. They said go to the PSB. The PSB says go to the Notary. I even sat in the executive office upstairs and met with the top person. What you say is logical. It is what I thought as well. But here, in this city it seems to be impossible to obtain one if you are foreign.
Banner41

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I needed one when I lived in Guangzhou little over a year ago. I went to the police station. They looked up my passport number....no offences....printed out a little paper, stamped it....on my way in about 5-10 minutes.
Firearcher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which police station did you go to? Can you give me the address or directions how to get there?????
nashboroguy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Really???? Reply with quote

I have never been asked for any type of background check or security document while in China. I know South Korea requires it. But, I don't think China has required it yet for any visa purposes. I can see that a school might ask for one to protect the kids. But, I do not think it is required at a government level. This is just my personal experience. I have not lived all over China. Just in three provinces.
Stomper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some provinces require the Criminal Record Check some don't.

The kicker is trying to get one from China if you are leaving.
Many jobs in the UK require a CRB check and if you have lived abroad you have to provide a check from that country too..

No check from abroad = No CRB check in UK = No Job.

Its not enough that you have a clear UK record..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: