Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ICOACH SERVICIOS ECUADOR: Esmeraldas and surrounding

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Latin America Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davevan97

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: ICOACH SERVICIOS ECUADOR: Esmeraldas and surrounding Reply with quote

I am writing today to share my ICoach experience this far with you. So far I have been here for 1.5 months. I am Canadian and English is my native language. I just recently finished a teaching contract in Guatemala and was seeking more excitement and experience in a South American country. The interview process with Director Mr. Mendoza was very professional and smooth. He was very clear with what I should expect, his expectations and always seemed to be available whenever I had further questions.

My arrival was a pleasant one. I was somewhat nervous and really hoped they would like me. Immediately I was introduced to all of the senior staff including the president. I was welcomed beyond believe and really felt appreciated from day one. I was put in a really nice hotel. (Beyond my expectations) and stayed there at the companies expense Untill they found suitable housing that I agreed with. Within a few days Icoach found me a beautiful clean house within walking distance from the school.

I had been travelling and living out of my backpack for over a month and arrived in pretty rough shape. My laundry was done for me, I was taken shopping to buy all the things I needed and even the president invited me to dinner. Dinner with the president was a very good and unique experience. First it was the best food I had had in a long time and it was a good opportunity to further understand the companies direction and to practice my Spanish.

Once it was time to get to work I was given all the training I needed Untill I felt ready.

I shadowed all the teachers for three days. Currently there is a columbian, American, British and now a Canadian. I am very fortunate to have been able to shadow these teachers because I learned a great deal from all of them.

I've been here 2 months in the Esmeraldas branch now and I love it so much the I'm trying to get my friends from canada to come and join me! Skip a Canadian winter and come teach English on the beach! Sounds amazing right???
Everyone's experience is their own. It is what you make of it. After refering a friend to join Icoach they did some research. I am very glad I didn't. He came across a review on here that was absolutely horrible. If I had read it I would not have came here. I have not experienced any of the problems they are claiming. When it comes to scheduling, it is very clear.

You follow what's in your contract. When it comes to pay I have not had any issues, in fact I've made more then anticipated because of the option to work overtime at a rate of time and a half. I am doing quite well here and in fact I'm laying on the beach right now burning, I can feel it. The sun is very strong. I am scheduled to be here with Icoach Untill May 2015. I will continue to update my experience. If you are lucky enough to get an opportunity to come out here then DO IT! Feel free to email me anytime if your are looking for any answers... A happy teacher

Dave

[email protected]

Update:

Last week I became very ill. I had developed a serious infection in my knee and could not walk. I was in so much pain that I started to cry. After texting Mr. MENDOZA and letting him know I wouldn't be able to work that day or the next possible few within an hour he come to my house and wanted to take me to the hospital. After him seeing that I could not walk he left alone and returned to my house with a nurse. I did not like the nurse because she gave me a needle in the butt (first time ever!) But it got the job done. I was given the necessary medication I needed and my healing began. A few days later when I could walk Mr. MENDOZA's wife took me to a private doctor where I received more medical support. Mr Mendoza took care of all medical expenses and genuinely cared about my recovery. I was not rushed back to work like I have been in the past by previous employers. I really feel taken cared and appreciated here. I am confident that you will be too!

Again, feel free to reach out to me anytime if you have questions about Icoach

Dave

[email protected]
esl_prof

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you're having a great experience, Dave! Evidently, things have gone much better for you than what was described on this thread about a year ago.

http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?t=105286
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Latin America Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: