Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kharimsa Bangsa fire?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
water rat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:13 am    Post subject: Kharimsa Bangsa fire? Reply with quote

I hope this is literally a false alarm, but I heard a rumor that the Turkish-run school Kharisma Bangsa in Pondok Cabe, Tangerang caught fire. I even heard there were fatalities, but don't see anything in the news -English or Indonesian. Does anyone know what, if anything happened there? I heard it was just in the last day or so. Sad
water rat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twenty-four hours and no response. Perhaps it isn't true?

I have searched the web in English and Indonesian and I have found nothing. However, i know that even a major event like an earthquake or volcano does not appear on Google for hours sometimes.

I know some teachers and students there, but it would be awkward to ask them, I think. So please if anyone can confirm either way: if there was a fire or if there was not, I would appreciate very much if you could respond to my question - either here or in a PM. Thanks very much.
mysterytrain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rat, I ran a google search for "Sekolah Kharisma Bangsa terbakar" and got absolutely no relevant result, and I'm in Medan.

I'd guess that what you heard did not actually happen, either that or it must have been a pretty minor affair (dorm fire, quickly put out, or something like that).
water rat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terma kasih banyak. Some fool told me there were two dozen fire engines and fatalities among the boarding students. Crying or Very sad
Tazz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is the greater fool-he who tells or he who listens? Wink As stated on a recently resurrected thread-unfounded gossip is rife in Indonesia...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: