Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Book or other resources for young children

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Czech Republic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Czexpat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject: Book or other resources for young children Reply with quote

I've recently started some private lessons with children, aged 8 and 12.

With zero experience of teaching children (which I told the parents beforehand) and no children myself, I'm feeling a little lost.

The 12-year-old can speak English well and I feel I could develop some effective lessons for her (she's just started New English File Elementary), though they haven't been as good as they should have been.

The eight-year-old's classes are more challenging. I'm not sure if they have any chance to speak at school and I'm finding it difficult to get them into the habit of having basic conversations.

They are currently using Primary Colours level 2.

I think I would benefit from a book with laid-out lessons and activities for children.

At the moment, I'm doing huge amounts of preparation and still not feeling confident I have effective lessons.

Could anyone recommend some sort of structured resources? One of the problems of having no experience is wading through online activities, without knowing which are really effective and feeling the quality often leaves a lot to be desired. So I then download worksheets or games and spend time adapting them.

Any recommendations?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Czech Republic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: