Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kuwaiti British Educational Services
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
efldr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject: Kuwaiti British Educational Services Reply with quote

Morning All,

An email arrived in my tefler inbox this morning from a recent application post. One from a thousand agencies I've been spamming lately. Anyway need to know if:

1) If anyone can shed light on this agency/recruiter
2) Their interview process; so far I've been told of a possible skype show with 'tests'.
3) Sending my cv/degree scan/passport scan - to a @yahoo email address - defo a blackhole in security.
4) Is working in Kuwait better than Saudi, if bringing over family?

This is the job posting from Tefl-com

-----------------------------------------------------------

Kuwait, all areas
EFL INSTRUCTOR ( NATIVE ENGLISH PREFERRED TO BE FLUENT IN ARABIC TOO )
Kuwaiti British Educational Services Company
Experience: 5 YEARS
Positions: 5
Degree Required

Details of Position
A full time contracted instructor of English working at a 3-year governmental project.

Qualifications
Native speaker standard of English obtaining a Bachelor degree in English from accredited university or a Bachelor degree plus a certificate in teaching English such as TEFL, TESOL, CELTA,DELTA,... . Not less than five years of experience in teaching English for adults in an EFL context. Having some experience in teaching at military or academic language schools is a preference. American, British and Australian nationalities are preferred.Not over 60 years old. N.B. Passing all the required tests for the job is a must. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.

Salary and Benefits
Good monthly basic salary around $2500 ( TAX FREE ) plus health insurance and residency issuing fees. Accommodation and Transportation are provided plus annual round trip air ticket.

Company Details
Company/Organisation: Kuwaiti British Educational Services Company
More Company Information Address:

(MOD edit for contact details)
grahamb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject: Scam? Reply with quote

Given the laughable salary, I'd say it's a genuine offer.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note that it is not asking for a native speaker and prefers a bi-lingual individual, so that explains the extremely low salary.

BTW efldr... I would try to avoid agencies in the Gulf. Outside of Saudi and some Oman positions, one applies directly - to ads or to employer websites. The better jobs don't go through agencies.

VS
MuscatGary

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's in Mangaf so may be connected to al Marefa in which case steer clear. Kuwait is the biggest dump in the Gulf, better to look elsewhere.

Last edited by MuscatGary on Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:31 am; edited 1 time in total
efldr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much. Great advice and posts as usual.
EFL Educator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To The OP,

The money they are offering you to work in Kuwait is an insult...unemployed Kuwaitis earn $2,500/Monthly to do nothing !by their powers that be!! Shocked
mashkif

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MuscatGary wrote:
It's in Mangaf so may be connected to al Marefa in which case steer clear. Kuwait is the biggest dump in the Gulf, better to look elsewhere.

Kuwait is not a "dump" by any standards. It compares very favorably to Saudi, Bahrain, and Qatar (which I know from personal experience).

If one scores a position with a good employer, life in Kuwait beats anything the rest of the Gulf might have to offer, except--perhaps--Dubai or Al-3ayin, but the cost of living is much higher in the latter.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mashkif wrote:
MuscatGary wrote:

Kuwait is not a "dump" by any standards. It compares very favorably to Saudi, Bahrain, and Qatar (which I know from personal experience).

Personally I was shocked at what a dump it was when I arrived in Kuwait in 1998. It reminded me much more of Cairo than of the Emirates, Oman, or Bahrain, the other Gulf countries I had been in previously. I felt that I was back in the third world... especially the abusive inadequacies of the government bureaucracies...

There were some nice neighborhoods, but generally... from the KU campus past Salmiya, it was pretty much a dump in my opinion. The year that I spent there was more than enough. I wouldn't have returned for double the money...

VS
auhruh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mashkif wrote:
MuscatGary wrote:

Kuwait is a "dump" by any standards. .

FYP
EFL Educator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuwait is a place where desperate EFL teachers go to teach English at very,very low salaries in the GULF....it also attracts a lot of women and female English teachers because the Kuwaiti men think they are ALL beautiful...and many, many Kuwaiti men wish to marry them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EFL Educator wrote:
....it also attracts a lot of women and female English teachers because the Kuwaiti men think they are ALL beautiful...and many, many Kuwaiti men wish to marry them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I must say that this is one of the silliest comments I've read lately. Rolling Eyes

VS
spiral78

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if true, yet another good reason to stay away. Rolling Eyes
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw no evidence of that... there weren't that many female teachers (significantly more in the UAE) and the Kuwaiti men didn't seem any more silly and sex-starved than the rest of the Middle East... Rolling Eyes

VS
mashkif

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

auhruh wrote:
mashkif wrote:
MuscatGary wrote:

Kuwait is a "dump" by any standards. .

FYP

Since the moderator doesn't seem to care, let me inform you that what you did is actionable libel: You altered my statement yet presented it as a verbatim quotation.

Please edit your post and refrain from doing this again to me or others.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off... it doesn't qualify as "libel" - on a internet discussion board? really?

And he put FYP... try googling that so that you know that it informs the internet savvy that it is probably a sarcastic edit. And anyone can easily look at your original post and see what you wrote.

Seriously what is the bizarre obsession of some people to try to make a legal case out of nothing? Rolling Eyes

VS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Kuwait All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: