Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

the Transmilenio

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Colombia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dudeteacher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:27 pm    Post subject: the Transmilenio Reply with quote

I was curious, how do you deduce which stations sell tickets and which don't. I've been told that not all sell them.

Secondly, is it possible to buy a monthly pass. How do you get around having to buy a ticket each time.

Thanks,
Dude
esl_prof

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: the Transmilenio Reply with quote

dudeteacher wrote:
I was curious, how do you deduce which stations sell tickets and which don't. I've been told that not all sell them.

Based on first hand experience elsewhere in Latin America, my guess is that everyone "just knows." And, in due time, you'll wake up some morning and realize that you "just know" too.
dudeteacher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: the Transmilenio Reply with quote

esl_prof wrote:
dudeteacher wrote:

Based on first hand experience elsewhere in Latin America, my guess is that everyone "just knows." And, in due time, you'll wake up some morning and realize that you "just know" too.

I guess I will too.

If I buy a card with a number of tickets, can I top it up or do I have to buy a new card when it's done?
leretif9

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it like the bus-thing that runs up and down that freeway trench in Lima?
travelNick

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Transmilenio you can buy a card at any of the stations and just top it up as you go either at the window or at a top-up machine (not all stations have these). The card costs $2,000 pesos. It's red. It won't get you on the blue SITP buses though, that's another card.
dudeteacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: the Transmilenio Reply with quote

esl_prof wrote:
dudeteacher wrote:

Everytime I need to top up, there's a station that has a ticket booth so no worries so far. But it drives me nuts when I'm at some stations and there is no proper map. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Colombia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: