Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where to Find Decent Recruiters?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ebooktrial0001

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:30 pm    Post subject: Where to Find Decent Recruiters? Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for a new adventure.

Can anyone name decent recruiters?
sicklyman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can have the best recruiter in the world but it's your employer who will make or break your life. My recruiter was pants but my job is great for example.

In any case, recruiters are like Saudi grains of sand: there are billions of them, they all pretty much look the same from a distance and they shift around whenever the wind blows.
ebooktrial0001

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, where do we find them?
nomad soul

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ebooktrial0001 wrote:

As sicklyman pointed out, having a good recruiter doesn't ensure the employer is good. So focus on the employer and their reputation rather than the recruiter, who's out of the picture anyway once you sign on the dotted line.
scot47

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the 4 different jobs I had in KSA, I never used a recruiter. The practice of using "recruiters" is more prevalent in Korea than in KSA.
sicklyman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ebooktrial0001 wrote:

you don't. You find a job advertised that appeals to you and apply for it. They'll find you. But I wouldn't trust a single word a recruiter said to me having been through the process.
returnee2014

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scot it's been a while since you were employed in the KSA yah?

I was there as a direct hire 8 years ago at the IPA, but when I was applying around last year I found that you don't see a lot of direct hire opportunities anymore.

I've heard that there's not much alternative to the recruiting services anymore. Can anyone else attest to that?
nomad soul

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

returnee2014 wrote:
When I was applying around last year I found that you don't see a lot of direct hire opportunities anymore.

I've heard that there's not much alternative to the recruiting services anymore. Can anyone else attest to that?

"The skinny on direct-hire university opportunities"
http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?t=103722
scot47

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Returnee

I retired in 2011. That does not seem so long ago to me Yopu make it sound like I was there at the same time as Harry St John Philby and Wilfred Thesiger !

.Direct hire is still available. Contractors, rather than "recruiters" are around, but are best avoided.

My position is that public sector direct hire jobs where available are the best. Government Universities and institutions like IPA are still good. They do not pay as much as the military but at least employees have a chance of retaining a little of their sanity.
Mysterious

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've been with ICEAT at King Saud University for 4 years now nearly, and I have to say, it's an excellent company to work for. But like someone said, that's not everything, 'cause the problems that my husband did have, were with the university, not with ICEAT. People at the university are actually starting to say that ICEAT are one of the better contractors to work for. Especially if you can't get into direct hire jobs, which can be difficult.
1chunk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mysterious wrote:
We've been with ICEAT at King Saud University for 4 years now nearly, and I have to say, it's an excellent company to work for. But like someone said, that's not everything, 'cause the problems that my husband did have, were with the university, not with ICEAT. People at the university are actually starting to say that ICEAT are one of the better contractors to work for. Especially if you can't get into direct hire jobs, which can be difficult.

ICEAT definitely have a good reputation. How is Al Hussan? I am considering an offer from them.
Mysterious

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1chunk wrote:
Mysterious wrote:

ICEAT definitely have a good reputation. How is Al Hussan? I am considering an offer from them.

We don't know much about them because they've been there since September only. But they seem to be okay on the surface.
fledex

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Where to Find Decent Recruiters? Reply with quote

ebooktrial0001 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for a new adventure.

Can anyone name decent recruiters?

You're looking on the wrong country's board. Try some of the Asian countries boards. Or even try Oman. In Saudi, don't expect any.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: